x
yellowfever

Does Square offer a self-order kiosk mode?

I'd really like this feature, and we had a good discussion going until someone at Square deleted it.

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

Re: Does Square offer a self-order kiosk mode?

There is no self-order mode for Square POS.  It is definitely something people are wanting.  I believe I have seen other users build one using the Square API but I wasn't able to find a link to share immediately.

Message 2 of 75
gamecoder5

I am currently building a complete self service kiosk solution with admin editor that connects to the Square API and will be offering to any businesses interested for a reasonable service fee per month. It should be ready within 6 months. You can contact me if you wish to keep in the loop.

Scott.

[Email Redacted]

Message 3 of 75
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @gamecoder5

I think that it's awesome you're building a self service kiosk. I had to remove your email address from the post since it violates the Community Guidelines, but you can still share your email over a private message if another seller is interested. 

Message 4 of 75
gamecoder5

Chad,

Thank you for letting me know!

Yes, if anyone is interested in more information, please feel free to send me a private message.

Scott.

Message 5 of 75
Highlighted
manaeyoung

Hello! I am also interested in how self-ordering square system works. We are building a prototype but we cannot figure out how to connect it to square to our kiosk database. Would you be able to give us more information about it?

Message 6 of 75
Admin

Hey @manaeyoung

Don't forget you can use the @ mention to get the attention of another member. 🙂

Message 7 of 75
peteallen11

I would be interested in offering a self service kiosk at our Physical Therapy business for check in and payment of services.. might this be a viable solution?

Message 8 of 75
gamecoder5

The idea I had was a self service kiosk customizable by the admin geared towards a non persistent setting, like for example, a food kiosk.

But I am really interested in hearing more about your idea of check in and pay. What would the check in involve from your patients? A sign in maybe? Once they check in, is that when they pay, or are there other features provided  for them? How do they know how much to pay?

If you feel more comfortable answering these questions in private, please go ahead.

Scott.

Message 9 of 75
jimchapman

Hi Scott,  

I am very interested in your self-serve payment project, but struggling to send you a private message. Are you able to send me a message, then we could possibly share email adresses? 

Jim 

Message 10 of 75