x

Does square accept medical benefit cards and if so how?

Medical benefit cards 

i am a psychotherapist that accepts credit card for service and several people have tried to give me their medical benefit cards and my square will decline them.

please help they need to use these cards and I need square to accept them!

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Thanks @Ron, appreciate you chiming in here.

@DaraDuryeaLCSW, sorry to hear about the trouble with cards getting declined. 

Licensed health care providers and pharmacies can process HSA and FSA cards with Square. In order for these cards to go through, your business category has to be correctly set up to show that you are a healthcare provider. The category is something you select as you sign up for a Square account, so if you think you might not have selected "Medical Practitioner" or "Medical Services", we'll need to update that for you. Reach out to our Support Team directly, and we'll get it taken care of asap. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

@DaraDuryeaLCSW A medical benefit card is not a credit card or a debit card so Square would not be able to accept them. To accept "medical cards" you need to contact your State Welfare System to register and buy the equipment to accept them.

Message 2 of 7
Alumni

Best Answer

Thanks @Ron, appreciate you chiming in here.

@DaraDuryeaLCSW, sorry to hear about the trouble with cards getting declined. 

Licensed health care providers and pharmacies can process HSA and FSA cards with Square. In order for these cards to go through, your business category has to be correctly set up to show that you are a healthcare provider. The category is something you select as you sign up for a Square account, so if you think you might not have selected "Medical Practitioner" or "Medical Services", we'll need to update that for you. Reach out to our Support Team directly, and we'll get it taken care of asap. 

Message 3 of 7

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Healthcare provider asks if Flex spending cards accepted?”

Are Health Flex acount cards accepted?

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Hey there @Ricardo5 - thanks for making your first post to the 👥 community. 

I moved your post to this thread where another seller had a similar question. Make sure the check out @Kpay's answer above for more details on this. 

Message 5 of 7

How can my terminal be marked medical to receive funds from insurance companies for a DME facility?

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @SweetTs! Thanks for joining us here in the Community!

You'll need to reach out to our Support Team so they can verify some business info with you and make the necessary changes to your account. 

Let us know if you need help with anything else moving forward!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 7