x

Edit or Resend an eGift Card?

How can I resend an egift card if it went to the wrong email address?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 37
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi everyone - I wanted to let you know that you can now resend eGift cards. Instructions can be found at this Support Center link, but here the are just in case:

1. Sign in to the Sales section of your online Square Dashboard > Transactions.
  2. Search for the eGift Card sale by:
    • Filtering the transaction search by item > enter eGift Card.
    • Searching the receipt number from the eGift Card’s purchase.
    • Searching using the last 4 digits of the eGift Card or payment card.
  3. Once you’ve located the transaction, select it and click the blue eGift Card number in the transaction details.
  4. Click Resend.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 37

Best Answer

Thanks for your replies JustinC and Pesso, I am definately using the Dashboard.

This morning I stumbled across the Resend button in a different place:

Under the 'Overview' in the Gift Cards menu I selected the relevant Electronic gift card and the details popped up in a box on the right (showing the Card details and Activity). At the bottom of this box were two buttons: 'Clear Balance' and 'Resend'. I was able to resend the Electronic card to a new valid email address 😀

Kind Regards, Ash

View Best Answer >

Message 32 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Square Community Moderator

Hi @CCS

Great question!

Currently, the only way to edit and resend an eGift Card is if the original attempt was sent to an invalid email address. 

Once the email bounces back, the sender of the eGift Card will receive an notification email with an option to update the recipient email address. 

However, if the eGift Card is sent to a valid email address, but not the correct email address due to a typo, you'll need to contact the Square Seller so that they can clear the gift card balance and refund the payment. 

Sellers can do this by viewing the payment for the eGift Card in the Transactions Tab:

• Click on the eGift Card transaction
  • Click on the link to the eGift Card balance (eGift Card xxxx)
  • Continue to clearing the balance of the eGift Card
  • Issue a refund for the payment itself. 

Once this is done, the eGift Card can be repurchased and sent to the correct person. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 37

This is ridiculous, time consuming and puts a business at a huge disadvantage.  Why are we not able to reasonably control our own business with these insane workarounds.  I need complete access to all of my business transactions, period.

Message 3 of 37

Has this happened to anyone and do you of it can be changed? Thank you 

Message 4 of 37
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “A client bought an eGift card and put wrong email to send it to. Can that be changed?”

@ReviveWellness I've moved your post to this thread so you can see EJ's Best Answer. There isn't a way to edit the email address for an eGift card so you'll need to follow the steps above to issue a refund for the eGift card. Your customer can then buy another eGift Card and enter the correct email address for their recipient. 

Sorry for the frustration, I know mistakes happen! I'll share your interest in editing the recipient's email address with the Gift Card team.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 37

Helen! Thank you so much for your time to answer this question to the best of your ability. 

I would also like to add my interest in a way to edit the recipient's email address with the Gift Card team.

Thank you

Message 6 of 37
Admin

You're welcome @GloriaBrooks! I'll share your interest with the Gift Card team as well. As soon as we have an updates we'll let you know in this thread! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 37

My client purchased an e-gift certificate and her recipient and myself never got notified.  How do I get an email to send to her friend that she has an appointment with me gifted to her?!? 

Message 8 of 37
Alumni

Oh no @Aaarnold19! I moved your message here because there might be some helpful information about eGift Cards.

Maybe try double checking the purchaser's email to see if she accidentally sent it to herself? If you still can't find the email (I don't believe you should have received one except to say that you had sold an eGfit card), you should give us a call to have this sorted out!

Message 9 of 37
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi everyone - I wanted to let you know that you can now resend eGift cards. Instructions can be found at this Support Center link, but here the are just in case:

3. Once you’ve located the transaction, select it and click the blue eGift Card number in the transaction details.
  4. Click Resend.
Message 10 of 37
Super Seller Alumni

Love this!! Thanks for the awesome update!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 11 of 37
Beta Member

Help!!! I have a client that purchased an eGift card - and She Nor I can find the Card Number anywhere!! HELP!

I have the receipt that shows she purchased it (we did a seperate transaction) but No eCard number anywhere - HELP!!!  It's been so frustrating.... 

Message 12 of 37
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @ChristineHeal

Your best bet is to Resend the eGift Card following the steps in @katieand's post above, copied here:

4. Click Resend.

And if you need to send it to a different email address, you can do that too that way

Hope this helps!

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 13 of 37

@katieand I do not have that option to “Resend” have they updated this issue with a solution yet? It has been over a year now. 

Message 14 of 37
Admin

Hi @HollyL! At this time you can only resend eGift Cards from your online Square Dashboard from a computer/web browser— it's not possible to resend an eGift Card from the Point of Sale yet. 

Does it happen often that you need to resend an eGift card for a customer when they visit your business? I can share your experience with the Gift Card team as we work on improvements! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 15 of 37

Not often I need to tend gift certificates, However people mistype their emails often resulting in editing. In this case it was for an e-card. I was able to access it on my dashboard! 

Message 16 of 37
Admin

@HollyL

Glad you were able to access it. The Dashboard houses all your account information. So in a pinch, if the App isn't finding it, definitely consult your Dashboard!

Let us know if you have any other issues with it.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 17 of 37

I tried the steps and resend the gift card customer purchased back in June 14th but customer did not received the the code to use the gift card. Help?

Message 18 of 37

A client typed the gift card recipients email incorrectly. how can I adjust it?

Message 19 of 37
Admin

@allisonmockett Take a look at @pessosices's answer above! You can enter in a different email address to resend the eGift card. 🙌

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 20 of 37

My client purchased a gift card through my website and has the confirmation number. She says she never received an email with a gift card with a 16 digit number and I can’t redeem the gift card without that 16 digit number... How do I reissue her the gift card?

Message 21 of 37