x
Beta Member

Farmers' Markets - ordering online for specific market day

The Farmers' Markets in Vermont have gotten the green light to open in May but with, as you can imagine, lots of restrictions to address health and safety.  We want to have our customers order on-line using weebly and then we would go to market with everything all bagged up and labeled for pick up.

Here is the kicker as a few of you have posted here -  There is no way to order for a specific pick up day.  Items can only be set for a time in the future with the clock starting when the customer places the order.  

Have any of you come up with any successful work arounds?  

The second part of my question is how to set up the on-line menu to avoid customers getting confused - for example are they ordering for pick up at the bakery or at the Farmer's Market site. What I have come up with as a work around for this problem is having a second set of items for order for the Market that all specifically say "FOR PICK UP AT MARKET ONLY".   Not a very elegant solution as the time of pick up on the ticket generated is always going to be completely wrong but I can't think of an alternative.

I would welcome suggestions!  And good luck to all of you out there struggling with these new logistical problems in this Brave New World.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hey @baker 

Actually, there is a way for a customer to schedule a time to pick up their order. Check out this thread

As for your second question, it looks like you have the best work around since the ONline Store doesn't allow you to designate certain items to a specific pickup location. 

Improvements are continuously being rolled out to make the Online Store more customizable. Be on the lookout for updates. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Desperately desperately need the option to specify pickup for certain days with the farm boxes we’re selling. I’m spending hours every week emailing customers that they should ignore the auto email as well as fielding calls and explaining to people when they show up it’s the wrong time.

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Hello Justin,

Thanks for your response.  I have to clarify please -  I need to ask you please to look at it from the merchant's side, not the customer's.   What we (bakers, florists, pizza makers, farmers etc.) need is a way to specify the pick up times, not the other way around.  An example -  I want to sell chocolate croissants and be able to dictate to the customer that they will be ready for pick up at 9am on Saturday, May 9th.   Not for the customer to place an order and be able to indicate that they want them in three days.  I'll write it another way - I need to be able to indicate a specific calendar day when an item can be picked up not for the customer to decide a certain time.  

I'll try again with this example -  Holidays.  I want to offer things that can be picked up the day before Christmas,  the calendar day December 24.  I wouldn't be able to do that with the current system.  Thanks for your consideration.

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Haven’t been able to come up with a work around desperately hoping square can roll it out! 

Message 5 of 5