x

Request: Message after Skip Receipt

Can we get a "Thank You" message when Skip Receipt option is turned on? Currently, when customer finishes adding tip, the screen switches back to the standby screen instantaneously which feels like the system crashed. We have many customers asking if the transaction went through or not.

A quick "Thank You" pause before switching back to the standby would be great! Better yet, if we can customize our own message would be super.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

@neutral

I'm afraid that messaging can't be customized. At the end of the sale, you sure get an All Done message that indicates the sale is over. 

Can feel free to DM me a screenshot or video so I can see what your customers see. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

@JustinC DM sent with videos that document what I'm experiencing.

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@neutral

I got your DM! Thanks for the visuals. You're right, seems kinda buggy. Have you tried a factory reset? Not to worry - your data is saved in our servers, you'll just have to reconfigure your device settings. 

Note: perform a factory reset only if you don't have any pending offline payments 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 6

On version 3.32.0024 and firmware version 3.8.78 for the Customer Display.

I performed a factory reset and still experiencing the same issue. Are you able to replicate the issue on your end?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hi @neutral,

Stepping in for @JustinC. I was not able to replicate the issue at hand.

As a next step I recommend contacting our Customer Success Team via email here, so that they can escalate this up to our engineers. They can then look into the backend of the software you are running and see what the root cause is. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 6