x

Feature Request: Category Discounts

It would be great to assigne discounts to catagorys. So lets say your only having a sale on your Artwork but your Books aren't on sale. So all of the items in the artwork catagory would have a 10% disscount and all of your other catagorys wouldent.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller Alumni

Lets take it a bit further,  I would like to see:

Customer based discounts or Group based -   Any customer or customer group "X" gets Xoff.

Timed Discounts - The ability to set a start and end date for the discount like we can for online but also for POS.

Message 2 of 8
Alumni

Hey @WatermarkWoods & @RHatch

Thanks for flagging this. I definitely know how helpful these types of discount settings can be (especially in high volume businesses). 

I've notified our Product Team so they can look into this. 😉

Message 3 of 8

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do I apply a discount code to a item category or to a specific category?" The author has been notified via email.

I need to be able to apply a code to a specifc item in my catalog.

If it helps its the only item in a category, is there a way to create a fixed % or $ to a specific item or category at check out?

Message 4 of 8

I also need to be able to apply a code to a specifc item in my catalog. Has this issue been addressed?

Message 5 of 8

Hello @DropShots! We're still tracking the feedback for this request. Right now I don't have any updates on this feature request. 

Message 6 of 8

I have spent enough time digging through threads about creating a category discount...Please tell me, is this possible yet? We want to discount our CANDLE categories 25% off--but if a customer wants to buy more than just candles in one transaction, is there a way for the system to discount the CANDLE category, but not the other categories he might be buying? Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

there are category auto discounts currently in the Beta.  check out this post for more info.  https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Automatic-Discounts-Available-for-Testing-in-B... we run the beta client every day for the last 2 years and it works great.

you can set up the discounts here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/discounts

Message 8 of 8