x

Feature Request: Required Delivery Address on Appointments

Hey everyone. I use Square for my grocery delivery business, requiring my customers to book deliveries/appointments with me using Square Appointments. My one main hold up is when booking the delivery/appointment, there is no required field for a physical address. Oftentimes customers will forget to enter their address in the “optional” field and me and my drivers are left trying to track the customers down so we know where to make the delivery, wasting our time, money, and taking away from other tasks. Is there any way to get a required field for a physical address inserted into the personal information/checkout form with Appointments or is there another feature I don’t know about I could use?

I would be immensely grateful for any help or guidance that helps resolve this issue for me. Thank you!

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @david_c and thanks for reaching out for your first post,

You're right in the fact that there isn't a required address field when booking an appointment. I'm not sure if this is something that would be implemented in the near future since appointments typically aren't based around deliveries but have you looked into using our Online Store?

We just launched deliveries for Online Store where customers can place deliveries with you on there and it might be better for your business that way.

Let me know if that sounds like an option you'd like to try and if you have any further questions about it.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Hey @david_c and thanks for reaching out for your first post,

You're right in the fact that there isn't a required address field when booking an appointment. I'm not sure if this is something that would be implemented in the near future since appointments typically aren't based around deliveries but have you looked into using our Online Store?

We just launched deliveries for Online Store where customers can place deliveries with you on there and it might be better for your business that way.

Let me know if that sounds like an option you'd like to try and if you have any further questions about it.

Ashley C
Message 2 of 8

Hi @ashc. Thank you for your prompt reply! I realize my situation is a unique one as I myself don’t give out my physical address when booking an appointment for something like a haircut. For most businesses, I agree, a required physical address field in Appointments would not make sense.

I have looked into the Online Store and was happy to see the new delivery options made available recently. I do, however, still need to allow my clients the option of seeing what time slots are available for grocery delivery, i.e., being able to book an appointment for my service, while also having a field that includes a delivery address. Is that an option with the new Online Store additions? I feel I need a hybrid of the Appointments function and the Online Store delivery offerings.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do appreciate it in finding an efficient solution for my business and customers.

I hope you are staying safe! 

Message 3 of 8

@david_c Of course!

And yes they actually can pick what they want their pick-up time to be.

The Online Store has a free option too so if anything I would recommend giving it a try and if it doesn't work you can un-publish the store and go back to what you were doing.

That way you can play around with the different options!

I hope you're staying safe as well!! 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 8

Hey @ashc ! I have been playing around with the Online Store options and really like what I see, but have some issues specific to my business. I am wondering if there is any way around them? Some are minor. Some are rather large. Here we go!

--For the "Item" being sold, there is an action button the customer clicks on to start the purchase process. Is it possible to change what the button says (the default says "Shop Now"). I know changing the action button wording is an option with the Appointments button and would love for it to be an option here, too. Ideas? Minor issue, for sure.

--I love the fact there is now a Delivery option, but the only Fulfillment option is "Pickup & Delivery". Being a delivery business, I do not offer Pickup and I do not have a physical address from which customers could pickup to begin with. Is there anyway to have a default fulfillment option that says just Delivery? And to eliminate the necessity of a physical address altogether? 

--I still really need to be able to have the customers access a schedule like is available with Appointments. Is there any way to integrate Appointments into the Delivery function available through the Online Store when the customer is checking out? I know there is a drop down with estimated times the customer can choose but I need to allow them the chance to select a specific date and on-the-hour time on a rolling, day-to-day basis, up to a month out, exactly like Square Appointments allows (and also to restrict how many people can choose a specific hour-long time slot).  I know this is asking a lot but it would be a complete game changer for what I am doing and I imagine other business owners are in need of this as well.

Would the paid version resolve any of these roadblocks I am facing? Any help or ideas would be appreciated to help me more efficiently and professionally conduct my business.

Thank you again.

Message 5 of 8

Hey @david_c,

Unfortunately the paid version won't give you any of these features you're looking for in particular either.

Having the option of either only Pickup or only Delivery has been a popular request since we recently launched these features and hopefully something we can improve on in the future to have the option to choose just one.

I'm sorry it's not totally working out for you. ☹️ 

Ashley C
Message 6 of 8

I am a hairstylist and use Square Appointments. Is there a setting so that when a new client creates a profile they are required to enter a mailing address? I toggled on the only one I found but it's still not happening.

Message 7 of 8

Hey @styliststef,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out my Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 8 of 8