x

Feature request: compare other year’s sales vs current

Most of our pandemic numbers were way off the norm, so comparing sales to last year isn’t very useful.

All of us could use the ability to compare 2019 sales (aka before bleep hit the fan) to this post-pandemic year. We need help understanding what’s working and what’s not as we continue to adapt from old sales and service models to newly evolved ones.

As a cafe we used to cram people in with big lines and squished together seating and tables. It was all ‘in the moment’ dining.

Now everything is different. We’re hybrid: counter-sit down / online takeout / provisions-pantry. It’s working, but we want to compare sales from before the pandemic via year-over-year side-by-side analysis (like data vis charts and bar graphs). The Square Dashboard app and DT Dash don’t currently allow for this. It only shows last years’ data – something we want to look past to when times were “normal.” 

Please consider giving us this ability to compare current sales with those from prior years – especially given the unusual circumstances of post-pandemic reality. It would really help a lot!! Thanks! SB

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

I would add to this to be able to compare one, two, or three years to current year/week/day sales to see broader trends.  One note here is also to look at not just gross/net dollars but transaction counts.  I find transaction counts eliminate the pricing changes we make over time to more accurately reflect traffic.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2