x

Fraud Emails

Has there been a security breach with Square customers? I've had two fake emails to my square email that if I didn't know how to check if an email address was real I could easily be tricked into believing it was actually from Square. I don't use the email they're coming from for anything other than square transactions.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @AmandaAF,

We appreciate you reaching out to us to flag this. 

We can confirm there has been no security or data breach at Square, however, the unfortunate reality is that email phishing scams are on the rise. Sorry to hear you've experienced this first-hand.

We've included some steps here to help you identify fraudulent communication sent from an address claiming to be Square, including verifying the email address.

We have a team dedicated to investigating fraudsters targeting Square customers and/or sellers. Please forward any suspicious messages to spoof@squareup.com to report the incident. Do not include any other information in the email you forward. Our team will investigate and take action if needed.

In the meantime, don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2