x

Fresh KDS Alternative?

So I've been look if there were any alternatives that filled the same role that Fresh KDS does. I did some reaserch only and found another thread from almost 2 years ago that was wondering the same thing and someone from square said that there were no others. Is that still the case?

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Drumroll, please...🥁

Dropping in to announce that Square now offers a Kitchen Display System! We included lots of great information about our new KDS in our Product Update post, but be sure to check out our Support Center article before getting started to ensure a smooth transition from your current setup.

We are so excited about this, and hope you are too - feel free to hop over to our Product Update post to leave your questions or feedback about the brand new Square KDS.

If you need more one-on-one help, log into your Square account and head here to speak directly with our team.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 24 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Hello @rethinkit.

Fresh KDS is still the only tablet kitchen display system that we integrate with. I'll make sure to share your request with our Point of Sale and Restaurants Team, but I don't know if we are in talks with any other partners at this time. 

Message 2 of 25
Beta Member

What's the best way to understand how Fresh KDS works? For example, I'm in a pizzeria. The ticket needs to go from the register to the area where we make the pizza, to the area where we make the pizza, and then back to the register. Is that something that is possible?

Message 3 of 25
Admin

@WiltonPizzeria Sorry to keep you waiting for a reply.

With Fresh KDS tickets are sent from your register to another tablet (located in your kitchen for example) -- but there isn't a way to send the ticket back to your Square Register I'm afraid.  If you haven't already it might be worth contacting Fresh KDS directly to see if they can share any workarounds/if they have any other features to manage orders that need to go back to the checkout area! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 25

I’m a user for many years — Fresh KDS is a terrible piece of software. (I still use it, but I don’t like it!) No iPad support, for one (which is bizarre since Square is primarily iPad based) and the backend is truly terrible. Product hasn’t been significantly updated in years. Still hoping you guys will bring KDS in house, as I know you could do it so much better.

Message 5 of 25
Partner

Hi Kaffehaus,

Thank you for using our software for the past few years!  Sorry you haven't had a great experience.

We released a completely new version of Fresh KDS in June, which is available for both iOS and Android!  The application was rebuilt from the ground up by a team of very dedicaed people over the past year.  New features, new look, new functionality - it truly is a new platform, and all around better than the previous version.

If you are a user of the old KDS you should have recevied multiple emails announcing the new version, so we're sorry if this hasn't happened.

Check it out and let us know your thoughts!

Fresh KDS 2.0

Best,

Andrew & the Fresh KDS team

Message 6 of 25

I just responded on the original thread that started a couple of years back.  Thought I should post here as well:

We just launched an alternative KDS.  You can check it out at appstore.com/kioskokds.  

We tried to solve a bunch of the problems mentioned in the thread (supports external screens, uses an iOS device, etc)

Send us a DM if you want to try it out for free.

And, let us know what you think, or what recommendations you have.  We plan to get updates out regularly, so feedback is definitely appreciated.

Thanks, can't wait for you to use it.

Message 7 of 25

Hey guys, I am interested in testing your KDS app! Can we connect? [PERSONAL INFORMATION REDACTED]

Thanks!

Message 8 of 25
Square Community Moderator

Hey @PaulSirianni

Great to see you reaching out to @Kiosko to connect about his newly developed alternative display system. 

I went ahead and removed your personal information for your own protection, as the Seller Community is a public forum. 

Feel free to send @Kiosko a Private Message so you two can get together and chat about the new software. 

Message 9 of 25
Beta Member

Hi,

I would like to try your KDS app. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

Message 10 of 25

Thank you for reaching out.  No problem providing you a trial account please see the steps below:

To trial the Kiosko KDS follow these steps:

1. Go to the iOS app store and search Kiosko KDS or hit this link:  Appstore.com/kioskokds
2. Download the App
3. Sign in to the app using your Square login credentials
4. Shoot me an email when you get to this point and I will send a code that will give you free access to the KDS (I’ll include 30 days for free)
5. Using the code I provide re-launch the app and “Enter Device Code” to log in
6. Select "Kitchen Display System” from the menu and the KDS will pull in all orders you make through your Square POS.

Just a couple other notes.  We are actively working on the project.  In fact, we are close to launching the 2.0 version of the KDS.  Hopefully that will be out this week.  I’ll let you know when it is live and it should be an easy update to the app.
Also, we are close to launching a self-order kiosk that will use the square reader, and populate orders through the KDS.  Let us know if this is of interest to you and we can talk about some next steps there as well.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Thanks,

Weston Hafen
Customer Support
KioskoMobile
[Personal Information Redacted]
Message 11 of 25

Hi there!

I know this thread was completed for someone else, originally, but I've been having a hard time finding where to ask some questions.  Currently, I'm having trouble with cashed out orders taking a while to show on the KDS.  Long enough that the app isn't really improving out quality of life.  It keeps telling me that it requires "authenticated account."  Something about push notifications not being enabled.  Wondering if you have any insights to lend.  Thank you!

Best,

Braden

Message 12 of 25

Braden

Thanks for reaching out.  There are a couple of easy fixes that should take care of it.  I'll send you a DM with more details and we can make sure that orders are showing up promptly.

Thanks,

Kiosko

Message 13 of 25
Beta Member

Trying to find the kioskokds app from my mac, maybe it only displays on ipad/iphone, but not able to find any other info on it. Is there a website with some info?

Message 14 of 25

@crystalimages sorry for the confusion.  We recently re-branded the app from Kiosko KDS to Flash Order.  We posted an update on another seller communtiy string, but should have posted here as well.  With the rebranding we launched a Square integrated self-service kiosk that also communicates with the Flash Order KDS.  

The stand alone KDS is still very much available, as well.

You can see details on the app here or by searching 'Flash Order' in the Apple App Store.

Thanks,

Flash Order

Message 15 of 25

Hello! I have downloaded and registered but unable to launch because it is looking for a cloudkit. Please let me know how to enable it and what it is for. Thank you!

Message 16 of 25

@IIFYM Thank you for your post.  Flash Order uses Cloudkit as part of the backend server setup.  That is why the error message is popping up to sign in.  I will send you a DM with some tips and I would be happy to address any additional questions.

Marcus

Flash Order

Message 17 of 25

Hello Kiosko,

Ive been doing a bit of research into the options I have for a Square integrated KDS for my cafe. I’ve read many good things about Fresh KDS and just as many troubling issues as well. 

You had mentioned to a gentleman that you’d be willing to offer a trial period. I wouldn’t need an entire month to make such a decision, maybe two weeks at a maximum.  Your product seems to be in line with my future plans of having several Kiosks for our customers and I would appreciate the opportunity to do business with you. Is this past offer something you could possibly offer once more?

Thank you for your time,

Austin

Message 18 of 25
Partner

Hello @Itisjavatime ! A lot of the past issues have been resolved in our completely rebranded and upgraded Fresh KDS that we released a while back. We've also got a hardwired version, bump bar availability, and many other great features coming out soon!

We'd be happy to give you a trial period! If you visit our website you can request one in the chat window. 

Also, Fresh KDS works with any Kiosk that sends orders through Square! 😉 

Message 19 of 25

@Itisjavatime , Austin

Thanks for reaching out.  No problem, we can provide a free trial.  I'll shoot you a DM with some details on how to get the free trial set up.  I'll also include some tips for next steps on the kiosks.

Thanks,

Marcus

Flash Order

Message 20 of 25

@Kiosko 

Will your system work on iPads with square that are connected to a cellular network? We are a ballpark concession stand and do not have access to WiFi, but have cellular enabled iPads.

looking to order on one iPad and have the orders show on the second one at the pickup window.

Message 21 of 25