x

Got a message saying 0 days left to verify your identity or your past transactions will be refunded?

My account is several years old.

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Update: The issue causing the false messaging has been fully resolved.

Payments were not affected and will transfer according to your normal pay schedule. The messaging should've also disappeared from your Overview page of your Online Store.

Sorry for the false alarm that this bug caused to any of you all. I would've been freaked out too! 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

I am receiving the same message and when I try to verify the same home screen appears. I'm on hold with customer service to find a resolution.

Message 2 of 13
Admin

Thanks for posting about this @AvasinNM. Our team is aware of this issue happening at the moment and they're working on a fix. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 13

This is super scary. the message states

"You have 0 days left to verify your identity. If you don’t, all past transactions will be refunded to your buyers. Verify now" 

Message 4 of 13

Heya @MaineMadeHats and welcome to the Community.

We were actually just made aware of this by another seller too and Weebly says it's a bug. 

Our engineering team has been made aware of it and are working on a fix to remove the false messaging. Rest assured that your payments are not going anywhere and the messaging is not accurate. 🙏

Ashley C
Message 5 of 13

Thank you. I was worried.

Message 6 of 13

This is the first thing that comes up. I've used my account pretty much every day for the last 7 months

Please help! 

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 19.38.44.png

Message 7 of 13

sorry for got to mention the buttons don't take me anywhere and just loop me back to this same page

Message 8 of 13

I have been using square online for a little over a month to take online orders.  Today when I logged in it says "You have 0 days left to verify your identity.  If you don't all past transactions will be refunded to your buyers."  It is a red banner at the top of the screen.  When I click on verify now, it brings me right back to the same page.  What do i do? And why is this happening now?

Message 9 of 13
Beta Member

I have been using Square for 3 years and Square Online for a year now. Over the last few days, I get a message when I log into Square Online (square.online) saying that my account has not been verified and that Square will cancel all of my previous transactions and refund my customers. Has anyone else encountered this? 

Message 10 of 13

Best Answer

Update: The issue causing the false messaging has been fully resolved.

Payments were not affected and will transfer according to your normal pay schedule. The messaging should've also disappeared from your Overview page of your Online Store.

Sorry for the false alarm that this bug caused to any of you all. I would've been freaked out too! 

Ashley C
Message 11 of 13

Hi Ashley, I too, recently received this email above from square. Is this a glitch or I do I need to verify.

thank you

Message 12 of 13

Hey there @ESS1909 you may disregard this email and I apologize for the confusion. 

JJ
Message 13 of 13