x

How can I stop automatic invoice reminders as the default setting.

So I absolutely know how to turn them off while I am creating an invoice or go back in and turn them off after I have sent one. I want to know how to turn them off as the default and if I would like to send a reminder later I can click on send reminder.  I have two square accounts for two separate business's one accounts default settings is to bombard each and every client with reminders every single day. The other allows me to create an invoice and it won't send a reminder until I want to. How do I turn them off completely? Also, I rarely send an invoice from my computer I am always using my phone as I work in the field most of the time, and I am pretty sure there is no button or tab on invoices app  that even allows you to choose reminders, that is only available on the desktop version. So I have to send an invoice with my phone and then when I get home I have to change the invoice settings to turn the reminders off, super annoying.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @CaseyE !

Payment reminders were accidentally enabled by default on one of the versions of the point of sale and invoices app. Make sure you've updated the apps on all your devices and you should go back to having to manually enable payment reminders.

As for enabling/disabling the payment reminders from your phone versus the desktop, you can do this on the second screen of invoice creation. When you hit continue, you get a screen with an invoice preview. Right below the invoice amount is the Payment Reminders section.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Hey @CaseyE 

So to turn off the auto reminders for invoices you will want to do the following

From your computer navigate to Invoices>Settings>Invoices>Templates>Default Template your using for your invoices. Select then then click Edit.  Scroll down to the Share section and then under the Reminders tab, and uncheck that to remove the reminders and click Save.  That should now be defaulted to send no reminders.

I also checked through the Invoice App, and there wasn't a setting that I saw either to turn those reminders off either.

Hopefully that answers your question 

Edit: Ninja'd by @ryanwanner  🍻

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@Minion 😎🥷🥷

Although editing the template is a slick way to go about it as well! 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 4