x

How do I add drop down options for an item to select a specific pick up day?

I am trying to set up my online store for cookie flash sales. I noticed a local cookier has drop down boxes on items that allows customers to pick their chosen pick up day and time on her Square store. I have been trying to find out how to add that for days and can't figure it out. I reached out to her, but she refuses to tell me apparently. How can I add this? Thanks !

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, to add a drop-down selection is within the Options & Pricing within the Variations.

Options & Pricing, Add Options, popup Name (Pickup Day & Time), select Format for your options (Dropdown), Add your options

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.58.51 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

HI, to add a drop-down selection is within the Options & Pricing within the Variations.

Options & Pricing, Add Options, popup Name (Pickup Day & Time), select Format for your options (Dropdown), Add your options

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 9.58.51 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 8

But does each option count as a separate inventory? I tried that and it seems like they each have their own inventory number? Am I looking at this wrong? I need each item just to have a separate pick up day/time, but be on the same inventory number.  Does that make sense?

Message 3 of 8

HI, you can add as many variations as you need for your items.  They can be Colors, Sizes or in your case Pickup Day & Time.

If you do not need to track stock, just leave it blank.  

If you do not need SKU numbers.  You can create your own SKUs being Day & Time MON1030.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 8

Where is the Pricing and Options sections to add variations such as pick up day and time??

Message 5 of 8

HI, the Options & Pricing is located on the Add Item page.  

Please note example shown is for the Retail Format template. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 2.43.14 PM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 8

Hello, I am having trouble adding an option to my items. It’s not accepting any name I put into the option set name.

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Nea17

First, welcome to the Seller Community! Second, do you get a certain error message when trying to add that name or does it just disappear? 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8