x

How do I automatically print two duplicate receipts per sale?

Hi there,

I'm newbie with Square POS hardware.  I have a nail salon business, with the old traditional CC machine, the CC terminal print duplicate receipt for each sell (One for customer and one for vendor to keep for record for both parties).  Can Square POS software/hardware can duplicate receipt as mentioned?.

Thanks

Message 1 of 30
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there! With sign and tip enabled, you would have two receipts print out, but if you do not have that enabled, then we would not automatically print a customer copy of the receipt. NOTE: Sign and tip payments must be settled from the Square app within36 hours of the transaction

The mention of the third receipt tells me that you have "Open Ticket Stubs" turned on to print in your printer settings. 

To check the printer settings and have that turned off, go to Settings > Printers > and make sure to only have Receipts, Bills, Reports, Open Cash Drawers turned on. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 30
Square

Best Answer

Hi @palehorsetattoo thanks for checking in around this request. When duplicate receipts are required, I usually suggest that you create a duplicate printer station within your printer settings. That way, the printer is assigned role of printing receipts twice, and you'll begin seeing duplicate receipts print out. 

To configure this, head to Settings > Hardware > Printers > Create New Printer Station, and assign the same printer you usually use for receipts. Ensure that "receipts" is switched on in the settings, and Save. 

Let me know how you go with this and if it works for you! 😊👍

View Best Answer >

Message 25 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I set square to printout 2 receipts?

How do I make two copies of my transactions receipt? The receipt that we hand out to a customer. It has the amount charged, cash/credit amount given, change info, etc

Message 22 of 30
Admin

Hey @INASkitchen, welcome to the seller community! At this time, the ability print two receipts automatically isn't available with Point of Sale, but you can configure your printer settings to include an order tickets and/or ticket stubs. Here's how: Print Order Tickets.

Does that help get you where you need to be? Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 23 of 30

Ummmmm can we print 2 receipts yet????? Seems like it should be a pretty easy option to add. 

Message 24 of 30
Square

Best Answer

Hi @palehorsetattoo thanks for checking in around this request. When duplicate receipts are required, I usually suggest that you create a duplicate printer station within your printer settings. That way, the printer is assigned role of printing receipts twice, and you'll begin seeing duplicate receipts print out. 

To configure this, head to Settings > Hardware > Printers > Create New Printer Station, and assign the same printer you usually use for receipts. Ensure that "receipts" is switched on in the settings, and Save. 

Let me know how you go with this and if it works for you! 😊👍

Message 25 of 30

YASSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you!

Message 26 of 30

this does not work if you are using the square terminal to print receipts.

Message 27 of 30

"To configure this, head to Settings > Hardware > Printers > Create New Printer Station, and assign the same printer you usually use for receipts. Ensure that "receipts" is switched on in the settings, and Save."

I followed your directions up to "Printer".  The terminal does not give the choice of "Create New Printer Station".  There are only 5 options under Printer (Receipts, In Person order tickets, Online Orders tickets, Order ticket stubs and Void tickets).  Is there a setting that needs to be unlocked to Create a New Printer Station within the terminal?  We are not looking to purchase more hardware.

Thank you,

B Hartman

Message 28 of 30

Bhartman,

I had the same problem with the terminal but can only find the work around to be > click Transactions > transaction you want a second receipt for > New Receipt > Paper Receipt. It really should be an option in the settings for the terminal, seems like there is a demand for it from customers.

Message 29 of 30
Square Community Moderator

The best way to accomplish automatic duplicate receipts would be by turning on Collect Signatures and Sign on the printed receipt. This will cause the Square Point of Sale App to print a second receipt for the customer to keep and one where they will sign and you will be able to keep.

This setting can be found by heading to More > Settings > Checkout > Signature and Receipt.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 30 of 30