x

How's the progress on loyalty program support in Canada?

Now that it's a new year, I'd like to revisit the missing loyalty program support in Canada. 

Loyalty programs can have a huge impact on a businesses bottom line and encourage repeat customers, as well as drive up average transaction amounts. 

What is the progress on this front? I've been receiving a canned message of "I'll pass this on to the development team" or "we haven't heard of any estimated launch date, but the development team is aware of the request". 

I'd love to hear from square on what you plan on bringing to the service in 2018, and more specifically, will loyalty program support be offered in Canada in 2018?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update: We're now looking for sellers to test the beta version of the Loyalty program in Canada!

Note: This beta is for iOS devices at this time.

To participate visit this thread -> Loyalty Beta is Live🇨🇦🎉

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Braeheid, I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I'll be as transparent as possible. 

Loyalty has been a popular feature request for Canada for some time now, and it is something we're taking into consideration. 

Unfortunately even if I had a timeline I wouldn't be able to share it with you. This is a company policy. Our road map and prioritization is always changing, if we give you a launch date for a product here it could change by the end of the day. 

For example; you can take a look at the launch of our Contactless and Chip Card Reader. Debit functionality was probably our most popular request from Canadian sellers. If you look through all the discussions on this topic on the Seller Community you will see that we never provide timelines or confirm dates. Once a new feature is available we will make an announcement the day it's available to all sellers. 

If you have any other questions please let me know. I would be happy to help out. 🙂

Message 2 of 5

Sellers in Canada really need Square Loyalty added to your services. I can't believe I'm considering paper punch cards...but I am. I've been waiting way too long for this service and I'm starting to loose hope.

Seems pretty simple to give us access to what's already available in the United States.

Is there any plans to bring this feature to Canadian merchants?

Message 3 of 5
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: When will Square Loyalty be available in Canada?

@samuelleger I moved your post here so you could read the update Chad's provided in January. We'll update this thread to let everyone know if Loyalty is available in future.

Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime and I'm sorry for the frustration that this (and paper punch cards) might cause in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Update: We're now looking for sellers to test the beta version of the Loyalty program in Canada!

Note: This beta is for iOS devices at this time.

To participate visit this thread -> Loyalty Beta is Live🇨🇦🎉

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 5