x

I Lost My Money Because Square Accepted Fraudulent Transaction

I have a website using Square Online. On March 14th at ~ 11 AM (MST) I received a purchase notification for one of the gold jewelry bracelets I sell. I received two emails from Square, one
that confirms the purchase and another one that confirms the receival of the payment. In the payment receival notification, Square said that they have received and accepted the payment (in the amount of $727) from that transaction.

Once I got those confirmations, I packaged the order for the customer and shipped it on the same day (March 14th ~ 4:30 PM MST).

On the same day (March 14th ~ 5 PM), I received an email from Square stating that this payment might be fraudulent and that the payment was held until I fill a questionnaire. After answers those questions, I received another email from Square stating that this payment was part of a stolen credit card scam and they requested that I issue a refund.

On the next day, I contacted USPS (shipment carrier) and requested that they intercept the package and return it. I am currently still trying to get that package returned with no luck so
far.

I also contacted Square and so far they haven't responded to my emails and when I called them, they were unable to help me.

Currently I'm lost and so concerned; not USPS nor Square could help me. Even though I think that it is Square's responsibility to try to help me since they are the one responsible for verifying the payments.

The only reason I am using Square's platform and payment processing (and I think we all do) is to avoid such fraudulent payments and since they failed to do that, they failed to do what they are suppose to do. 

I'm posting this hoping that I get help from Square team because the way they handled the situation wasn't professional.

Thank you,

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

HI, this is the seller to seller board with no one to assist with your situation.  Unfortunately, fraudulent transactions are on every platform and every payment provider.  Best advice, add a 3 to 4 day processing time before sending out merchandise.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 2