x

I'm concerned about unauthorized account access and phishing scams. What do I do?

I woke up this morning and my email address had been changed (not by me). There is not an easy way to get help. I tried to access the website to get a phone number, and it made me create a new account, but the phone lines are closed for the weekend. I tried emailed the help desk and security, but have not received responses. I am panicking, because some Joe Schmo has my bank information and customer listing at his fingertips. I send out invoices at the beginning of each month, and god only knows what is being done in my name. Please help if you have any suggestions!

Message 1 of 65
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Given the sensitive nature of this subject, we have to escalate these issues into our support team to resolve. If you haven't already, please use this form to send our team an email: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact

If you have already sent an email, then there is no need to send another one. We answer emails 7 days a week, so our support team will respond, and will take the appropriate actions to ensure your account's safety.

Phishing scams tend to be the root cause of these issues. Phishing scams are what happens when a fraudulent person reaches out via phone, email, or even text, in effort to gain access to someone else's legitimate account. These articles contain useful information on how to recognize, and protect yourself from a phishing scam.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

Heads up.  I received an email today that looked for all the world like a message from Square telling me that Square was unable to move funds to my linked bank account, that Square, per ACH guidelines was required to terminate the connection with my bank and that I had to relink a new bank account. There was a "Relink Bank Account" button that takes you to a sign-in page that looks like Square but has a hinky URL address.  Checked with my bank and there was no problem with my account,  so this was an attempt to get banking information by someone who was up to no good.  Be careful

Message 64 of 65
Alumni

Thanks for surfacing. Glad you spotted it out as a phishing email. Mind sending to spoof@squareup.com? 

@dgeoaz1

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 65 of 65