x

Inventory Management issue with stock transfer

We have been using the Australian version of square on-line store with square reader for about 8 months and love it.  We have only 1 issue with the way inventory is handled because we want to be able to transfer from one location to another. eg. We have a warehouse and a shop front so when we re-stock from warehouse to shop we have to do a re-stock in warehouse and then a stock receive in shop which is convoluted and time consuming if we are doing 30-40 SKU's a day.  Apparently the US version allows one to transfer stock from one location to another so it would be great if that coding could be applied to the Australian version.  Does anyone else have this issue in Australia?  Is there an easier work around I don't know about?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hey @drysorb,

Thanks for getting in touch! Square's free POS app doesn't currently handle transfers from warehouse to a store location, or one store location to another. Square for Retail is a newer, retail-focused POS, and does indeed handle transfers between locations! We're working on bringing Square for Retail to Australia soon, if you're interested in learning more and possibly trialing this product, please get in touch with our Beta Community!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Interesting. When will Square for Retail launch in Australia?

Message 4 of 7
Admin

I don't have a launch date to share @Remi, as always we'll announce and release new products when they're ready to go!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Hahahaha. Gold.

Hope it's sooner rather than later (as with all the updates acknowledged across the forums).

From what you know, does the new "retail" option handle GST/receipts as per tax requirements?

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Yes @Remi, Square for Retail will feature GST compliant receipts!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 7