x

Is Dream Payment related to Square?

Dream Payments seem to have my personal info that I only gave to Square.  Is there a relationship?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

dream payments seems to be a competitor to Square and appears to have a mobile payment processing platform (though when I went to the site it had a pop up that said its MPOS was concluding service July 5 2018.  they are not related.

Message 2 of 8

Thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Mitts 

Dream Payments is a Canadian card processing company that offered EMV & debit + Pin solutions. They announced that they would be ending their card processing operations on July 5th, 2018, and in an effort to transition their customers to another solution, we've partnered with them so that existing Dream customers can move over to Square and switch to Square hardware before that July 5th date. 

If you received an email from Dream Payments directly, it's probably in regards to them ending their operations and directing you toward Square. 

The special offer for Dream customers is still valid even if you were already a Square seller, so keep an eye out for an email from them if you haven't already received one and check out the links that are included. 

Message 4 of 8
Super Seller

Message 5 of 8

The thing is, I never opened an account with Dream, just Square.  I don't know how Dream got my contact info ...

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

@Mitts that does sound a bit strange. It might be worth reaching out to Dream Payments directly so investigate into this a bit. Let us know if you need anything on our end. 

Message 7 of 8

I have contacted them, but no response, as yet.

Message 8 of 8