x

Is Galaxy A41 compatible with Square Reader

Hi guys

does anyone know if the galaxy a41 is compatible with the square card reader??

it’s not listed but it’s a relatively new phone?

many thanks

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Galaxy A41

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @LMuirSage, thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. 

If it's not listed on our compatibility page, we couldn't guarantee that the Square Reader will be compatible with the Galaxy A41. Even if it's a newer device not all Android devices meet all the requirements for compatibility and may not be able to communicate properly with Square hardware or the Square apps.

If you don't have any other compatible devices you could pair with a Reader and you don't come across anyone else on this thread who has tested it out to confirm, you can bear in mind that all Square Hardware comes with a 30 day returns policy. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @LMuirSage, thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. 

If it's not listed on our compatibility page, we couldn't guarantee that the Square Reader will be compatible with the Galaxy A41. Even if it's a newer device not all Android devices meet all the requirements for compatibility and may not be able to communicate properly with Square hardware or the Square apps.

If you don't have any other compatible devices you could pair with a Reader and you don't come across anyone else on this thread who has tested it out to confirm, you can bear in mind that all Square Hardware comes with a 30 day returns policy. 

Breffni
Message 2 of 4

Thanks so much.

I have a device but it's no longer compatible with my phone so need to replace the phone, little frustrating.

Many thanks

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Sorry to hear that @LMuirSage, In the meantime, you are still able to use your device to accept credit cards by manually entering information, sending your customers an invoice or taking payments directly on your computer using Virtual Terminal. The fee's for card not present transactions are slightly higher but I thought I'd mention it in case you were stuck. 

Breffni
Message 4 of 4