x

Is Heckler Stand with Register Hub workable?

Hi Everyone! 

I bought a Heckler Wall mount to create a wall mounted workstation in a space where I can't put a table.  I also purchased the Register replacement toolkit to try to connect the iPad to our network via Ethernet, and also to attach a USB printer the Square Reader.  When I tried to connect the Register hub with a lightning to Micro USB adapter, the iPad does not recognize any connected devices and does not charge.  Is this a viable setup?  For various reasons, we cannot use a table and we do not want to use wifi.  If there is a better workaround for wall-mount iPad with a USB printer, reader, and Ethernet internet connection please let me know.  Thank you for your help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@gobrandongo The register replacement kit is for an Android based system (Square Register uses a modified android system).  The kit for the square stand would be more compatible, but you really need to just get a lighting to USB hub that supports charging.  Apple sells a lighting to ethernet adapter also.  

This will require some juggling, you have to have an ethernet adapter, a usb hub, and then connect everything.  I would strongly recommend attaching a square stand on a shelf to the wall.  Is there a specific reason you don't want to use wi-fi?  Wi-Fi would make all of this much simpler, even if you just used something like a belkin nano to share a wired connection to your tablet.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2