x

Is the LG GPad F2 8.0 and the chip reader compatible?

My old mag stripe reader works fine. First chip reader worked once then would not charge. Just received the second one and it says connected after a long wait and unpluggin and repluging but still will not read a card on the chip or the swipe slots. Less than a minute off of the charger waiting to connect and it needs charged.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @WalnutHill, welcome to the seller community!

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your reader. To be completely sure that your device is supported, can you confirm the exact GPad you're using? For example, is it the GPad F, GPad X, or is there any additional model number that we can check on? The Square Chip Card Reader isn't supported by all GPad models.

Please feel free to reply here with more details, or you can double check our Device Compatibility page for more information. Hope this helps get you in the right direction!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 8

I have a lg gpad f2 8.0, running android 7.1.1, contactless connects and than instantly disconnects. 

Message 3 of 8

I'm sorry your post slipped through the cracks @shgarrigan. Are you still having trouble pairing your reader? 

I've heard of this happening when you try and pair the reader under the Bluetooth settings of a device, rather than the Point of Sale app. Are you pairing it under Card Readers under the settings tab of the Point of Sale App? 

Message 4 of 8

I have been having the exact same problem with the GPad F2 8.0. The reader pairs brief but then fails to establish a secure connection   

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Hey @Jmellen - Are you attempting to pair directly within the Point of Sale app or through the Bluetooth settings of your GPad?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 8

I realize this is an old thread, but we have the same model tablet and are experiencing the same issue of the reader connecting, attempting to update, and dropping in a loop. 

If I connect the device through the app, I always get this cycle. If I connect through the tablet bluetooth connection, sometimes I can get a steady connection, but once the reader drops off to sleep, I lose connection in the app. Waking the reader causes it to start the cycle. 

Message 7 of 8

That's super weird @margrowan. You should only be able to connect the reader in the Point of Sale App. As far as the software update goes have you tried leaving the reader so it could complete the update? 

Message 8 of 8