x

Is there a max on inventory items?

I have a client with a consignment clothing store; we are getting her set up with an inventory. Our one question so far is:  Is there a max amount of inventory items SquareUp has? She has a lot of items and variations. 
Any advice would be helpful! Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 5
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Hello @StyleMT!

Currently there are no limits on the number of items you can have. Although, once you cross the 10,000 mark the Item Library will take longer to load. 

If you have questions please feel free to reach out! 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

I believe the issue here is that Square don't really expect a small business to surpass 10k products therefore just getting it to 10k is an incredible achievement for square to not have any significant speed issues at that low of a count, but not many systems in the world if any will be able to handle 47k individual products in a library without major slowness if they're as futuristic and modernised as Square, you have to make sacrifices for some things, modern system with reasonable limitations or ancient system with less limitation...

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

Hello @StyleMT!

Currently there are no limits on the number of items you can have. Although, once you cross the 10,000 mark the Item Library will take longer to load. 

If you have questions please feel free to reach out! 🙂

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

we have found that if we have over 100 "variations" under an item, the system slows down considerably 

Message 3 of 5

I have run into this same problem. Square can only support around 10k of items. After that, everything related to items loads slowly. We currently have 47k different items and we are having significant issues with the speed of our library loading, searching for items and adding items to an item library. We are a kids resale store and I was hoping this system was the solution to our inventory problem, but if they cannot get their system to load faster, we will be forced to find other program. They have engineers working on it right now. 

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

I believe the issue here is that Square don't really expect a small business to surpass 10k products therefore just getting it to 10k is an incredible achievement for square to not have any significant speed issues at that low of a count, but not many systems in the world if any will be able to handle 47k individual products in a library without major slowness if they're as futuristic and modernised as Square, you have to make sacrifices for some things, modern system with reasonable limitations or ancient system with less limitation...

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 5 of 5