x

Is there a "SERVERS Tip Report"?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Please We Need a "SERVERS Tip Report"”.

Please We Need a "SERVERS Tip Report" 

every credit card processing company has a servers report that can be ran at the end of the day.

Now with Square I have to waste 20 minutes of my time to separate the servers tips... i shouldn't have to pay the fee to get that done when other companies offer that for free.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Developer

You can customize the sales report to filter by employee. Will that work for you?

To customize the report, tap the symbol at the top of the tablet screen that has 3 horizontal lines on it.

Message 2 of 15

NO, because we use 6 tablets 5 to enter orders but just one to check out as a register.

so when we create a new ticket we do T6 4

T6 for Table number six and 4 for server number four, so every day I have to separate tips.

NOT good

Message 3 of 15
Square Community Moderator

@javierO You still might be able to use the Employee report for separating tips if you enable passcodes at the checkout tablet. 

Each of your servers would be assigned a passcode, and the person who is at the checkout tablet would be able to enter the passcode tied to the server of that table. 

E.g. T6 being served by Server 1 checks out, and the cashier enters Server 1 passcode before completing the transaction. 

It would take a bit of tweaking and tinkering since it's a workaround, but it could be a solution for you. 

Message 4 of 15

Does not work!

Message 5 of 15

NO That DONT WORK!

Message 6 of 15

The end of shift report under an employees login, is not matching the device report. Ive run reports for staff sharing same device and the tip total does not match the report that can be run for all sales/tips on that same device as a total for the day. how is that possible?

Message 7 of 15

Restaurant: We Need Servers TIP REPORT!!!!!!

Many small restaurants like us, we don't serve alcohol just food and have up to 10+ part time teenagers so Servers TIP REPORT will be great.

Message 8 of 15
Admin

Hi @javierO-

I moved your post to this thread where @EJ shares a workaround that might work for you in the mean time.

Thanks for sharing your interest in regards to this feature.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 15

lol, still not a answer or response that is helpful

Message 10 of 15

Square don't have helpful answer, Just because they DON'T have a solution!!!

I'm seriously, thinking of switching to clover they offer all those extra services that a small business like ours needs, NO EXTRA CHARGE, Tips server report, Royalty program.

Message 11 of 15

I'm hoping someone has figured this out. We have a bar with 2 square pos systems. At the end of the shift the bartender needs to have his tip report to pull his tips from the drawer.

Currently we have a manager they have to call if there is not one on duty, is there a way for the employee to run a tip report in someway? We do not want them to see the cash sales as they could easily scam that way?

Message 12 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Saloonsean I've merged your post with an existing thread that helps to answer your question. It seems you may have already come across it a few months ago, so hopefully this refreshes your memory. The ability to have employees view their tips without having access to their reports is still a feature request.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

We have each person print out an extra copy of the transaction that was done, and the employee's tips are listed. At the end of their shift, they add up their tips from transactions to get paid out.

James Wilkinson
Message 14 of 15

yes, we did that with our old pos, but it is a waste of paper, but ty.

Message 15 of 15