x

Is there a way to better secure the iPad from theft?

I just received a square stand, and it appears the securty screw has been replace with a security pin???  But the pin does not add any "securty" as far as I can tell.  It is now very simply to steal the ipad at the front desk.  Is there a way to add the security screw back on to this device?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I to have a new stand with a security pin. How can I change it to a screw so a customer can't walk out with the I pad the moment I turn my back?

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Hey there @robster15 and @Jayr - thanks for flagging this change to the Square Stand. I went ahead and moved your comments to this new thread. 

The primary function of the security screw is to hold the iPad in place in the stand. The screw was very effective at this - so much so, that one of the biggest pieces of feedback we received was that it was too difficult to remove the iPad when needed. We replaced the screw with the pin to resolve this. 

If your business type or location is one that is more prone to theft, I can definitely see where this would be a concern and I have passed this feedback along. 

I'd love to open this up to other sellers as well - what methods are available to limit theft of goods or other hardware from theft at your businesses? 

Message 3 of 5

An option with a lockable device cover for higher risk locations might be a nice idea.  I want them to have to do something noisy and visible in order to get the device out without permission.  For example, if you look at the case that Shopkeep sells, the ipad is fully encased:  https://www.shopkeep.com/pos-hardware

Message 4 of 5

Hi

You could take the pin to home depot and get a screw that size. BTI

Message 5 of 5