x

Is there a way to disable Express Checkout on the Square online store?

People have been having trouble ordering items from our online store lately and I noticed the Express Checkout is like the default option now. It didn't look like that a year or two ago. I tried ordering an item from our store and I tried checking out as a guest and I couldn't even order from my own store.  It said the billing address was not correct but there was no option to enter a billing address. It was definitely frustrating and I could see why we have had a decline in online sales. People have a difficult time ordering online as is and when they have to enter their phone number, receive a text and then copy the text in the express checkout can be confusing to people. My Mother doesn't even order from our store anymore, she got stuck in an endless loop one time entering her phone number, copying it and entering it on the express check out, receiving a new code, copying it, entering it and repeating the process. Is there a way to revert back to an oldschool credit card number and billing address field or am I missing something?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

This sounds like a good question for our Square Online/E-commerce team, @MexcaBrew

They can take a look at your account with you to help shine a light here,  and pinpoint what's the best way to go here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2