x

Is there a way to initiate a partial instant transfer? For example, if it's over the $2500 limit?

Is there a way to initiate a partial instant transfer? For example, if it's over the $2500 limit? Like do $500-$1500 instant and the remainder on the normal transfer schedule?

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 17
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to initiate a partial instant transfe? For example, if it's over the $2500 limit?

We don't currently offer a way to send a partial instant transfer on a single transaction that's over the limit. I definitely see how this feature would be helpful, so I'll share this request with our product team. 

Check out our Instant Transfer FAQs in our Support Center. 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

We don't currently offer a way to send a partial instant transfer on a single transaction that's over the limit. I definitely see how this feature would be helpful, so I'll share this request with our product team. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 17
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @mimmsy - To clarify, if you have the $500 limit, your balance would have to be $500 or less for you to be able to Instant Transfer it. Only the full amount of your balance can be transferred so there isn't a way to enter a specific amount as Glassdale mentioned above.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Square

Best Answer

Message 2 of 17

That would be tremendously helpful. Perhaps the system could be adjusted to limit the total transfered, rather than the ability to perform transfers at all. IE, if I'm a new user with $800 in deposits, I should be allowed to carry out one transfer of $500 rather than none at all.

Message 3 of 17
Square

@MrStackhouse I absolutely see how that would be a very useful feature. Though it is not a feature that we have at the moment, I'll share your feedback out with our Product Liaison team. 

Message 4 of 17

Is it possible to instant transfer part of the payment if it exceeds limit? I still have the 500 dollar limit and I didn't know about that till just now and I have a payment sitting there I need at least some of it now 

Message 5 of 17
Admin

Hey @Sethmcm, thanks for bringing this up and I'm sorry for the frustration. It looks like a handful of sellers had a similar question and received an answer. Check out Spenser's reply for more info. Thank you for your patience as we're always working to improve!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 17

I just received $4600.00 that I would REALLY like to instantly transfer, but can't due to the transfer threshhold of $2500. I agree that being able to do a partial transfer would be a step in the right direction. 

Message 7 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @Man-UP

Partial deposits seem to be gaining a lot of interest from sellers, so hopefully our Deposits Team can figure out a way to help with this. 

I'll pass along the feedback and if anything comes up I'll be sure to post an update. 

Message 8 of 17

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "deposit" The author has been notified via email.

How can I change the deposit amount so the funds in the account can be deposited instantly?

Message 9 of 17

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Instant first-time transfer amount

Can I do a first time instant transfer of $500 and leave the amount over $500 in my Square account?

Message 10 of 17
Super Seller Alumni

For "new sellers" (and Square doesn't say what is considered a new seller) are limited to $500 per day for instant deposits.  So if you're new to Square, you will not be able to instantly deposit more than the $500.  The balance would not stay in your account for long - it will be deposited into your account according to the deposit schedule you have set up, or if there's any left in the account the next day, you will be able to instantly deposit another $500.  Remember each $500 Instant Deposit will cost you $5.00.

Here's Square's site which tells you all about Instant Deposit.

Good luck.

Judy T Shumway
Message 11 of 17

Thanks so much.  My problem is that I can't see a spot that allows me to only enter $500 out of my total.  It seems to only want to transfer the full $533.00  Help?

Message 12 of 17
Super Seller Alumni

Have you been with Square for a while, or did you recently join up?  If you've been a Square customer for a while, you might not be considered a new customer, even though you've only recently started Instant Deposit.  If you're really new to Square, maybe your deposit will be reduced to the $500 that should be your limit when you make the request, and maybe not, but the difference is minor, right?  In any case, your money will be transmitted to your bank account on Monday morning whether you request an Instant Deposit or not, so the question is: do you need the money today or tomorrow - if so, try an Instant Deposit and see what happens?  By the way, you can't request a partial deposit - Square will only deposit the entire amount that's currently in your deposit account.

Judy T Shumway
Message 13 of 17

Thanks, GlassDale!  That answered my question.

Message 14 of 17
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @mimmsy - To clarify, if you have the $500 limit, your balance would have to be $500 or less for you to be able to Instant Transfer it. Only the full amount of your balance can be transferred so there isn't a way to enter a specific amount as Glassdale mentioned above.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 15 of 17

Thank you so much!

Message 16 of 17

Yes, I agree that would be very helpful!!

Message 17 of 17