x

Loan repayment "needs work"???

We are significantly ahead of schedule in repaying our loan.  However, when I looked at the article Square offers within the module about factors that affect loan eligibility, the factor "loan repayment" was graded as "needs work".  What in the actual @%&#? We took out another loan in the past and paid it off in only 11 months.  We're on track to pay this one off in a little over a year.  Does anyone have any clue what sort of factors could be influencing Square's algorithm to say that our loan repayment needs work?  Every other factor listed was graded as "good", but this is absolutely confounding and I'm concerned that it will affect future loan offers.  Does the Seller Community have any insight on this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @dirtcheapmover 

Squares algorithm for loans is hard to understand sometimes how it works.  With the revamp of the loan dashboard though, it does make it more user friendly though showing the different metrics of your business and eligibility, which is nice.

I personally wouldn't look to hard into that "needs work".   It could be something simple as an error, or it was intentionally put there to "worry" people thinking they need to make more sales and pay off the loan sooner.  If you  are ahead of your payments and everything else is good on the dashboard of your loan I would just say do business as usual and you won't have a problem with future offers.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 2