x
Alumni

Meet a Super Seller: ACAcatering

Hi Seller Community!

I’m super excited to introduce our newest Super Seller, @ACAcatering! Josh and his mother have been running a catering business for many years, and we recently noticed him in the Seller Community being awesome by answering merchants' questions. I spoke with ACAcatering to find out more about their business.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them below!

Tell us a little about your business.

My mother and I started in the coffee business about 15 years ago. We've had multiple locations since then, but slowly moved into catering 6 years ago. Our catering business eventually overtook our coffee business, so we decided to move strictly into catering. Our coffee shop's name was A Cup Above. We didn't want to completely leave our roots, so we kept the initials and became ACA Catering.  

What sets us apart from other caterers is that we make as much from scratch as possible. This includes all of our breads down to our caesar dressing. We have accommodated events from 6-1200 people.  

When did you start using Square?

We started using Square in 2014 when we still had our coffee shop up and running. We had gone through a few other POS merchants, and were very unhappy. When we came onboard with Square, it was like a breath of fresh air. We finally had customer support, and a company that actually cared about the little guys. We would suggest things, and would later see them implemented.

What do you know now that you wish you would have known on day 1 of starting your business?

Take time in selecting staff. Many times you may not have a choice, but if you are diligent in your hiring, you will reap the benefits in the long run.  

What questions can you help with in the community? What's your favorite discussion topic?

Since we closed down the coffee shop, we rarely have a need for the POS side of things.  However, with Square's invoicing system, timecards, and integrated payroll, it made sense for us to continue using Square. The invoicing system is where I spend the majority of my time. I'm happy to look into other issues to try and help out in the community.  My favorite discussion topics deal with furthering the "quote" option.

ACACatering.jpeg

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

Welcome, @ACAcatering! Excited to have another Super Seller with such cool experience. Side note, is that really a photo from your catering above?!? 😍😋 I'm also curious what dishes y'all are most known for?

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller Alumni

Hey Sean!  Thank you for the warm welcome.  Yes, that picture is a setup from one of our events.  As for a dish we are known for, I would have to say our Beef Tenderloin with Grilled Shrimp.  Everyone loves it, and they keep coming back for more.  The Charcuterie Board in the picture is also a big hit.

Message 3 of 3