x

Missing Functionality - Export Orders - Square Dashboard

Hi there,

I spent the past hour being bounced around Square support with no answers or resolution.

I have a Square account and I am creating 'online-checkout/payment-links' to process online orders from my website (not a Square hosted website.)

This all works, but now that I'm collecting Orders within the Square platform, I cannot find a way to export my Orders for fulfillment (processing, shipping, etc.)

How does Square expect us to be able to work with and process Orders we have received if we cannot export the information?

Square support says this functionality doesn't exist, but I don't believe that there is zero option for businesses to export or extract the Orders information that was collected by Square.

That seems too incredulous given the Square platform is designed as a payment processing platform.

All the other information pages have the ability to export information, like Contacts, Transactions, Sales, etc.

Plus, I see documentation that indicates this functionality exists for some, just not on the Square Dashboard ...

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7043-export-orders

This shouldn't need to be said, but fulfilling our customer's Orders is the most important part of having an online store and allowing customers to order online.

Without a way to get the Order information out of Square (so we can fulfill these orders), what is the point of any of this .... ?

Is there *any* way to get these orders (with relevant info) back out of Square?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@gemini4201  I think this might depend on the functionality you are looking for, but you can always have square send an e-mail with order details with each new order and have it parsed that way.

The real functionality you may be looking for is using the square API.  The orders API specifically "Get sales data for a Square seller, itemize payments, push orders to POS, and more."

You really probably want to dig in here if you are setting up a custom integration and website:

https://developer.squareup.com/us/en 

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2