x

Modifier Order in an item

Hi,

I have a cafe and id like the modifier groups i have allocated against an item to go in a certain order; for example, if a customer wants a Latte, i'd like when the modifier groups pop up for "Milk" modifier to come up first, then the "Sugars" modifier then the "Temp" modifier etc. at the moment the order is not how i want it - can this be changed? I have about 5 modifier groups to most coffee items?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @newyfried!

Thanks for resurfacing this request, and for flagging the difficulties you're currently facing.

While it is possible to rearrange the order in which Modifiers are displayed within a set, at this time, it’s not possible to rearrange the order in which the sets themselves display against the item.

On the Restaurants Point of Sale, you’ll find that your Modifiers follow auto-progression rules which give priority to Modifiers that have minimum requirements. 

I understand that this rule set will not be ideal for every business, and please be assured that this is something that our product development team is continuing to consider carefully. So, all feedback is welcome.

With regards to the trouble you’ve described around the visibility of your Modifiers, could you provide a little more detail and some images that I could share with our product team? 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Macchiato,

Thanks for getting in touch!

At the moment there's no way to change the order modifiers appear in - however, I have heard of sellers working around this by adding numbers to the modifiers sets, which will impact the order they're displayed in, eg:

1. Milk

2. Sugar

3. Temp

And so on and so forth. Hope this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

It’s 4yrs on and still no solution for this?

The new update as of this week has made the modifiers impossible to read.  One of my modifier is “make it a meal” with fries and a choice of drink.  Now with the 7 options you cannot see what drink the modifier relates to… This could be solved by allowing you to change modifier layouts, just the same as you can change the item layouts on the POS.

EG - “wide” sizing, and run the down the page.  Currently they are bunched together and impossible to read.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @newyfried!

Thanks for resurfacing this request, and for flagging the difficulties you're currently facing.

While it is possible to rearrange the order in which Modifiers are displayed within a set, at this time, it’s not possible to rearrange the order in which the sets themselves display against the item.

On the Restaurants Point of Sale, you’ll find that your Modifiers follow auto-progression rules which give priority to Modifiers that have minimum requirements. 

I understand that this rule set will not be ideal for every business, and please be assured that this is something that our product development team is continuing to consider carefully. So, all feedback is welcome.

With regards to the trouble you’ve described around the visibility of your Modifiers, could you provide a little more detail and some images that I could share with our product team? 

Message 4 of 4