x

More than two decimal places for ITEM

Hi,

There is another thread that I came upon and it sounds like their issue was resolved with the new beta decimal units thing, but I want to have a clear thread about just adding a decimal place to ITEM prices.  We do sell meat by the pound so the decimal unit solution will work for that, but I think we still need a fix at the ITEM level.  

To add on to the liquor store guy's issue (where his individual sale items never add up to the cost of the pack), we have an issue to support having more decimal places for the item as well. We sell lunch plates and sandwiches as items.  We pass through our general excise tax to the customer but we like to give the customer a round total. Say it's $15 for a sandwich plate with the tax included. I want to keep the tax feature on in order to track the taxes separately but if I can't put in more decimal places at the item price level, the total charge ends up being $15.01. 

Can you just please add more decimal places to the ITEM? 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @dgreensbbq!

Thanks for your post!

I see what you're saying here. I think I have a solution for you. It sounds like your tax settings are "Add Tax to Item Price," when you can actually select "Include Tax in Item Price". That way you can always guarantee that items like sandwich plate will be a flat $15. 

You can edit this setting from Items in your Online Dashboard by clicking on the current tax and adjusting the tax information. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @dgreensbbq!

Thanks for your post!

I see what you're saying here. I think I have a solution for you. It sounds like your tax settings are "Add Tax to Item Price," when you can actually select "Include Tax in Item Price". That way you can always guarantee that items like sandwich plate will be a flat $15. 

You can edit this setting from Items in your Online Dashboard by clicking on the current tax and adjusting the tax information. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3

Mind. Blown.  I had no idea that was an option and had been manually calculating what the price should be without tax and entering that as the price of the item. This is super helpful to know!

Message 3 of 3