x
Admin

Multi-Package Estimates for Invoices Now Live In Beta: Now available to try in iOS

UPDATE: This feature is now available on both iOS and Android devices. 

Square Invoices has launched a new Estimates beta feature for a limited time trial to help you easily secure new work and include multiple packages in every estimate. Square Invoices is exploring a series of premium features to help you manage your business better and Multi-Package Estimates is the first that we are releasing to the public. For a limited time, you can use this feature for free.

estimates.png

Multi-package estimates allows you to

• Save time with customizable estimates. Stop creating multiple estimates for the same job. Present a few options at once with different price points per package. 
  • Cut down on the back-and-forth. Spend less time scoping and pricing with your clients when you present them with more than one choice from the get-go. 
  • Quickly close sales from anywhere. Convert an accepted estimate package to an invoice with one click.
  • Easily request payments. Request a deposit or set up invoice payments through Square. 

To try out the new feature, navigate to the Estimates tab. From there,

simply follow the typical estimate set-up process, and the option to “Add package” will appear on the “Estimates” page under your items list. 

Note: This feature will only be available on a limited time trial basis, and has limited functionality on the Square Point of Sale mobile app. The feature is not yet available the Square Invoices app. For full usage, check it out in your Square Dashboard.

To learn more about sending estimates with multiple packages, visit our Support Center.

If you have any questions or feedback, please join our Beta Community and post in our general discussion about this feature, or feel free to reach out to the beta team at betafeedback@squareup.com. Thanks!

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Beta Member

@SQPhil 

Thank you for the reply.  I have followed the steps, but do not see the "try it now" banner.

What am I missing?

Message 22 of 41
Admin

@mrjblanchard

I do want to be sure that you are visiting the Estimates page on your Square Online Dashboard. You will not be able to see this banner in the App.  

1. Login to your Dashboard at Squareup.com
  2. Go to your Invoices Tab
  3. From there Select Estimates from the left hand menu

This banner will appear the top of your page:

If you do not see this option, please just respond with what browser you are viewing this on, and I'll take a look from there.

We typically suggest Chrome Browsers as they are most compatible with our Dashboard.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 23 of 41
Beta Member

@kellyj 

I am using the dashboard on my desktop computer, I am using Chrome for my browser.

I just simply do not have the banner with "try it now".

Message 24 of 41

Banner only appears once. On refresh it disappears.

Logout, clear history/possibly cache, logon makes it reappear.  I use firefox, and my settings clear automatically when I close the browser.  So simply re-opening and logging in again did trick for me.

Message 25 of 41
Beta Member

TY for this tip...on my end it turned out that since we had never sent an estimate we had no "try now". so i sent a practice one and then the button appeared. awesome feature!

Message 26 of 41
Beta Member

This is going to help us out so much! We do custom graphic design, small business branding and custom sci fi collectibles AND we have been hoping for something like this especially with a down payment feature!! THANK YOU!!

Message 27 of 41
Admin

@SamuraiGeekDes

So glad this will be helpful for you! Please join us in the Beta Community for any feedback you may have around this product!

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 28 of 41
Beta Member

Thank you! Just played around with it today and so far so good. I also sent a request to join the beta community. Thanks for the invite!

Message 29 of 41
Admin

@SamuraiGeekDes

Thanks! I'll get you approved now!

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 30 of 41
Admin

@SamuraiGeekDes 

Glad to have you and sorry that it was so cumbersome to get into! Happy to have you around for the Test though! We'll start a thread for feedback soon in the Beta Community.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 31 of 41

Absolutely LOVE THIS IDEA! This is a game-changer for me for creating estimates. Thank you, Square for implementing this! AMAZING!

Message 32 of 41
Admin

@keenorange 

Awesome! Let us know how it works out for you in the Beta Community

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 33 of 41

Why am I not seeing this option ? It is something we have needed for a very long time! 

Message 34 of 41
Square Community Moderator

Hi @CrownGraphics . Thank you for your interest in joining this beta! I reviewed your account and was able to confirm that the feature was available. Please review the following steps from your Square Dashboard to get access to the feature. 

- Click on "Invoices"

- Click on "Estimates" located at the menu on the left. 

- From here, you should see a dark grey banner with the "Try it out" message. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about the new feature! 

Message 35 of 41
Beta Member

I love this option for my business  My General question has to do with installments . I understand installments is suspended now . (does not help right now for sellers) Question is it possible to have 5 year financing instead of just 1 year ?I am HVAC operator and half my industry uses financing almost all through a expensive dealer package program .I am small company attempting grow . I use installments to help compete with larger companies. My problem is ALL of those out there offer 5 year and that is the downfall when it is time to close deal . Any thoughts of future changes to length of years to program ?   

Message 36 of 41
Beta Member

This should not be a paid option, the transaction fees are already more than enough to cover features which would promote us using Square over other options.  I understand someone could use the proposal service and then collect checks to go around the fee, but that's not realistic if you make the Square process enjoyable for everyone involved in the transaction.  

Message 37 of 41
Admin

@Llama 

Thanks for the feedback around the possibility of this being a paid feature. No decisions have been made around this at this point, and it will remain available to our sellers for the immediate future. 

When the COVID crisis has subsided, we'll review the long term fees for this kind of feature should it become one.

For more information on how Square determines fees on products you can see our Support Center article.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 38 of 41
Beta Member

Thank you for this awesome feature. As a PC Repair company, I can offer customers different options for part configurations.

I would like to see a feature added which is the ability to add notes to the packages which only we can see. Private notes if you will. In these notes, I can stick links or other relevant information for quick referral.

Orlando Perrone
Owner
Perrone Technologies: The Computer Shop
www.perronetech.net
Message 39 of 41
Admin

@PerroneTech

Not quite the same, but the Customer Directory Applet does allow you do add these to the Customer profile.

Happy to pass this feedback to the team though as well.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 40 of 41

I absolutely LOVE this feature!!!  It has worked EVERY SINGLE TIME I've used it with a customer this season!!  Do you know when it will be here until?  I will be so sad to see it go...I hope it becomes a permanent feature for us!!

Message 41 of 41