x
Alumni

Pass the Mic: Meet G 📸

Pass the mic.jpg

Hi guys!! Super excited to present another Pass the Mic feature. Today we uplift G, a portrait artist and owner of G Photography out of Arlington, TX. Check out her interview below: 

gwenlogo.jpeg

What motivated you to become an entrepreneur?

Back in 2009 I made a conscious decision to leave my job, but it didn't work in my favor. I quickly had to find a way to try to make the ends meet, so I figured I'd use my camera to do that.

What do you struggle with most while running a business?

My biggest struggle is managing time and getting it all done. I keep a tight calendar, use automation when possible, but it feels like there's always one extra thing I still need to do. I've gotten better at sourcing out work and it's made the biggest difference.

How do you find clients for your biz?

Right now, most of my clients find me by searching Google for the nearest professional photographer, or word of mouth. I value word of mouth the most because there’s nothing like hearing your clients sing praises about your work.

What do you love most about your work?

Bringing joy to others is the most rewarding part of my job. It's a blessing to be a part of special moments, like milestone birthdays or marriage proposals. The fact my clients trust me to capture these personal moments in a single picture fills me with so much gratitude. Seeing my clients radiate pure happiness gives me joy.

Gwen1.png

gwen2.png

gwen3.png

gwen4.png

To see more of G's work, find her on social platforms: 

Instagram -  @gphotographybyg

Facebook -  G Photography LLC

LinkedIn - G Photography LLC

Personal IG @BlackPowerBunny 

Thanks @BlackPowerBunny for sharing your art with us!! To hear more stories like G's, Join Uplifted Voices.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Beautiful work queen.  Gonna go follow your pages now.....Blessings

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 2 of 3

Thank you for the support!

GR Houston-Jack
Message 3 of 3