x
Beta Member

Referral link not working?

Hi there!

I sent a referral link to a friend for free processing but neither of us has had any indication the link was redeemed. They've told me they specifically set up the new account by using the link I sent and have processed payments. 

Is this something that takes time to activate or has something gone wrong?! 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @CakesbyDrew,

We see this from time to time - usually it's due to confusion on how referral links work, or can be caused by things like ad blockers or having cookies turned off - send me a DM with the details for the seller you referred (account email address) and we can check and have the free processing credits manually applied!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @CakesbyDrew,

We see this from time to time - usually it's due to confusion on how referral links work, or can be caused by things like ad blockers or having cookies turned off - send me a DM with the details for the seller you referred (account email address) and we can check and have the free processing credits manually applied!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 10

Hi Seamus,

I'm having the same issue. Set up our account with the referral link and I'm guessing it's not working.

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hey @TlandNetball,

Please feel free to send me a DM with your account details and those of the person who referred you - if the promo hasn't been applied we can do this for you 🙂👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 10

Hi there,

I got the same problem. What is your email adress please?

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Goldytreasures,

Thanks for writing in! I've just sent you direct message to your community inbox 🙂

Message 6 of 10

Another one that had this issue! Did a sample transaction yesterday and had fees taken out, despite setting up the account through a referral link. Would love some assistance 

Message 7 of 10
Admin

Hey @JJohnson23,

Fees are taken out of transactions but should be refunded in your deposits - check your deposit amounts today, of if you're uncertain our support team can take a further look into this - get in touch on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 10

Thanks, but the deposit came through with fees taken out. 

What is the best email address to contact regarding this? Calling isn’t an option.

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
Admin

To contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "More" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Support will be able to manually apply a referral. If you have the referrers info handy they can help apply the promo to the referrer's account too.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 10 of 10