x

Remove phone number from ways to verify me

Because of the nature of the organization I work for, we change treasurer's every 2 years and we've been encourage to not enter our phone number as a method for verification. Unfortunately, another member of our organization entered theirs and I can't find a way of removing any phone numbers from the methods to verify, I was only able to change their number to mine.

Is there a way of returning to not having any numbers recorded?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Does the organization have a main line? You may be able to change it to a shared business number...?

This is a good question for the help desk or chat rather than the forum though, I suspect you'll get a faster reply there.

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 2 of 6

The helpdesk directed me here, and being a first timer I had a hard time finding the correct forum. Thanks for following up!

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Area79 - Thanks for reaching out to the Seller Community with your question.

@Michael_L is correct. We'll need you to contact our Support Team by phone so they can verify the security information required to remove the current number on the account for Two-Step Verification.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

I'll do that, thanks Violet!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

You're welcome, @Area79 ! ๐ŸŒŸ

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6