x
Beta Member

SHIP TO/RECIPIENT Problem! Anyone else?

I am constantly getting orders where the BUYERS name is the name in the SHIP TO field, when in fact they are shipping a gift to someone else. Six of these errors this week!

I can see what the problem is- during checkout-

The first field they fill in is CONTACT info, and they put their info there as the buyer, which I need, just in case there are questions.  The second field is the SHIP TO field, and there is not a RECIPIENT field, just address field. Therefore it just defaults to the the BUYER CONTACT as the SHIP TO name.

It is by chance that I am noticing, and ONLY because of the gift message feature on the ticket, where I see something like this:

Ship To:

John Smith

123 Main Street, 

Anywhere, USA 12345

Gift Message:

Sarah, 

Thanks for your work on the big project

Regards, 

John Smith 

...this leaves me having to contact the seller to confirm who they are trying to address their gift to. Very time consuming. Anyone else having this trouble?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Heya @cocosnap,

This sounds buggy to me and is not expected behavior.

I'd recommend reaching out to our direct CS E-Comm team who can take a closer look for you and file a ticket for this.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks, @ashc I did reach out to the  CS E-Comm team who replied with some pretty useless information about custom settings in my Virtual Terminal... so I called in, and after a bit of time on the phone, it looks like this was a pretty major oversight in the most resent update to the online shop. There is literally no RECIPIENT NAME in the SHIP TO field. Head to www.dailychocolateVT.com  throw something in your cart as a test and try to send it to a friend.... 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Yeah that definitely did not sound right @cocosnap.

I'm glad they were able to confirm that! 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

As a business who ships A LOT, I am very concerned to see the SHIP TO/RECIPIENT field no longer exists at checkout. Beware if you ship! It will default to the BUYERS name.  Example, if you are trying to send your MOM some chocolate for Mother's Day, it will have her address, but YOUR name on the order/label. This was not a problem over Xmas/Valentines.

Multiple calls to tech support. They say I should just add a modifier on the items to ask WHO to send it to. Absurd.

Bad form Square. This is MAJOR. With Mother's Day approaching, I now spend hours a week calling or emailing customers to confirm WHO they actually want to send their chocolate to, and then I spend more time in Square or Shippo updating the labels. 

I was so excited when you added the "THIS IS A GIFT" option for gift message and/or gift wrap, but WHY BOTHER if you can't actually direct the package to the person you want?

Message 5 of 5