x
Beta Member

Same store, different look for Square POS on different devices

Hello -

I use Square for retail and have 2 ipads. Somewhat recently the Ipad we use for ringing up customers has a slightly different look than the ipad we use for reference when we are packing orders. 

Examples of this:

one Ipad has sold out in red letters beneath items that are sold out and the other only has a line through it.

Also the order screens look different and the tickets print in a slightly bigger typeface than the other. 

I have looked and looked and can't see how to change to make them the same (we would much prefer to have the version that has the item saying it is sold out in red) 

Help!?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

I would check if one is running the old interface and one is running the new one.  Click settings then checkout, and at the top there is an appearance section that may say revert to previous experience (if you are on the newer designed one) or something else if you are on the older version.

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thanks for replying

I've looked at this - they both say revert to previous experience. 

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

I have attached 2 screenshots of the difference. Really hoping someone can help me out.IMG_4759.JPGIMG_4760.JPG

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

...and 2 moreIMG_4761.JPGIMG_4762.JPG

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Pastryswan,

Thanks for reaching back out to us in the Seller Community 👋

We recently introduced a new look to the Square POS app, and it looks like one of your apps is on the new version, and the other in the previous one. To change this in your app, tap More > Settings > Checkout > Revert to Previous experience. 

I hope this helps, please let us know how you go! 

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

This did not help but I was able to uninstall and reinstall the app and that did the trick!

Message 7 of 7