x
Alumni

Seller Spotlight: Meet Dasluz ‌🌼‌‌ 🌱‌ ‌💐‌

Hi Seller Community! 

In honor of Hispanic Heritage month, I’m thrilled to feature Hispanic seller: @Dasluz, a flower studio, founded by Sandra Luz. Her Mexican roots and love for Scandinavian design make up the foundations of the Dasluz aesthetic. The name “Dasluz” means “to give light” in Spanish. Like the name, the studio aims to give light by creating unique arrangements with lively colors and an edgy, hyggeligt touch.

Ani__0-1664309563905.jpeg

Where is your business located?

My flower studio “Dasluz” is located in San Francisco, in a neighborhood called Cole Valley. It’s a very welcoming area, but more than that, it has become my family. We are a very close community, the kind that becomes a chosen family.

Ani__1-1664309563953.jpeg

Tell us a little bit about yourself

I am Mexican American - Mexican at heart and American in lived experience because it is the country that has seen me grow the most and that has given me so much at my 31 years of age. 

I moved to San Francisco 11 years ago and it changed my world. It opened a side of me that I didn't know yet - my passion for the arts, languages, the visual, the aesthetic and my passion for flowers, although flowers have always been present in my life especially at my grandmother's house. Now I have my own flower studio in San Francisco and sometimes I can’t believe it.

Ani__2-1664309563910.jpeg

How did you get the idea or concept for your business?

The idea of ​​opening my own flower shop came about after losing my job during the first months of the pandemic, after going through a difficult time full of uncertainty and fear. I went to Copenhagen to visit my sister and spend quality time with the family. More than anything, this experience allowed me to do my own thing and have the freedom to make my own flowers and my own dream designs. It was right there where Dasluz was born.

Ani__3-1664309563915.jpeg

What does being part of the Hispanic Community mean to you?

Being part of the Spanish-speaking community means so much to me! It is my inspiration, strength, resilience…everything comes from there. It is as essential as breathing.

What makes your business unique?

What makes Dasluz unique is the combination of flowers with art in a space where everyone is welcome and the door is open for collaborations and ideas.

How do you incorporate your Hispanic heritage into your business? Are there any favorite traditions, or festivities you like to celebrate? 

I incorporate my Hispanic roots in almost everything: Speaking Spanish and doing “pop-ups” with Latino vendors like Hermanita, Nopalera, and Manitas Café. On November 2, we will celebrate the Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) by having a party at Dasluz!

image1 (1).jpeg

What has been your proudest moment in your business?

The most special and meaningful moment I have had at Dasluz has been participating in a gallery called Palette SF, where I had the opportunity to create floral art alongside several talented florists in San Francisco. For 7 days, I incorporated my vision and creativity into the gallery so that people could see my art and get to know Dasluz. It was quite a significant moment.

Where can we follow you online or learn more about your business?

You can follow me on Instagram: dasluz.sf . I use it the most. I’m also on Facebook: Dasluz or you can check out my website: www.dasluzsf.com

Ani__5-1664309563911.jpeg

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Super Seller

@Dasluz WOW!  Your work is gorgeous.  Definitely need to stop by next time I'm up in the city. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 2 of 20
Beta Member

Thank you Doran! Hope to see you in the shop soon! 🙂

Message 3 of 20
Admin

@Dasluz your work is stunning! I looked through your website and am really sad I do not live in the USA.  The name of your business is so creative - love the meaning behind it. 

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 4 of 20
Beta Member

Thank you Penny, you're so sweet! 🙂

Message 5 of 20
Beta Member

Love the story, website and arrangements 😍 - can't wait to check the shop out next time I'm in SF!!

Message 6 of 20
Beta Member

Hope to see you soon! 🙂 

Message 7 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Oooh SOOO cool! I live in Cole Valley and I love @Dasluz !! Her flowers always brighten my day and I love the community events she hosts too like the one for Día de los Muertos. Thanks you for being a part of the Square Community Dasluz!

Liz
Square Loans Team
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 20
Beta Member

Hi Lizzy! 

Thank you for the support! Can't wait to host Dia de los muertos again this year! 🙂

Message 9 of 20
Super Seller

So beautiful and it is wonderful to see art with living flowers as your work is art!

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 10 of 20
Beta Member

Hi Donnie! 

Thank you that means a lot! That collaboration was so fun! 🙂

Message 11 of 20
Super Seller

wow- beautiful work. beautiful shop. beautiful name. so inspiring!!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 12 of 20
Beta Member

Thank you, you're very kind! 🙂 

Message 13 of 20
Super Seller Alumni

Such a gorgeous store and beautiful story. I hope to make it in sometime since it's not far from my home in Santa Cruz!

Kamala Allison
Chief "Do Good, Feel Good" Officer
In store: 1528 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz, CA
Online: www.ShopFybr.com
Message 14 of 20
Beta Member

Hope to see you soon Kamala! 🙂 I love Santa Cruz as well! 

Message 15 of 20
Super Seller

I love that you turned lemons into lemonade!!!  Your flower arrangements are wonderful and I want to wish you much success 🙂

Message 16 of 20
Beta Member

That's so sweet! Thank you so much 🙂 

Message 17 of 20
Super Seller

@Dasluz -- Absolutely stunning, and such an inspiring story!

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 18 of 20
Beta Member

Thank you Michelle! 🙂 Hope you can visit the shop soon! 

Message 19 of 20
Super Seller

Such an inspirational story...Beautiful shop

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 20 of 20