x

Separating functionality that I own from everything else

Hi. In the dashboard at https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/ccpa... Is there a way for me to hide everything that I do now have full rights to use... that has nothing to do with running my business. It's extremely confusing to find things that I need when there is so much stuff that I don't pay for or want to see.  Is it a marketing thing? Is square trying to sell me these things? Because if anything it's making me regret choosing square terminal as a solution. I worked as an e-commerce strategist for 25 years and have built websites that generate $25MM in sales a year. I know how to use tools like this - but this thing is not intuitive at all because of all the junk in my way. Please, just show me what I own. Everything else can be hidden for me to access if I want to explore.  Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hi @SavoryandSoul.  I don’t think there are any ulterior motives going on here.  Square’s default dashboard includes a lot of items that many new sellers use.  Of course, not everyone needs it all available, which is why Square gives us configuration functionality to make our dashboard be what we want.

I have circled an Edit button as shown in the screen shot of my dashboard below.  Click on this button and you will be presented with the ability to remove functions from the sidebar, add others, move them up and down in the list, and so forth.  They added this capability with the last iteration of Dashboard in response to numerous requests from their seller community.

Hopefully that will do what you need.

055BC402-F877-451D-9836-19B0F1464371.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 4

Thanks. I'll try that. But it's also not clear what I should have or not have. It should be plainly labeled, no? For example, there's no place in my dashboard to configure tipping in the POS screen (only for web page transactions, which I'm not using). I appreciate your reply. I'll check to see if I have that edit button... maybe there are hidden options in there that are turned off by default?

Thanks!

- Mike

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

You’re welcome.  FYI tipping, and other POS-related settings, are set from the device itself, assuming that you are using Square POS and not Square for Restaurants, or Register, or Terminal.  From POS, go to More -> Settings -> Checkout and you’ll see a Tipping tab.  You’ll want to review all of these settings as their defaults are set for “most” users and every seller will need a different configuration.

If you have a group of POS devices that you want to have the same configuration, this is doable from the dashboard, but that is not a usual need.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 4 of 4