x
Square

Share your thoughts on employee permissions

Hi everyone. We're trying to improve the way we organize and define employee permissions, and we'd love to learn more about your experience. By employee permissions, I'm talking about how you grant or restrict employee access to things like items, customers, sales reports, etc.

Why do you use permissions today? What do you think works well? What would you like to see improved? Your feedback will be invaluable as we work on re-designing this experience. As always, thank you for your input and support!

new-role.png

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Great question!

I just started using permissions (and all of the employee tracking that goes with it) this past month.

So far everything seems decent enough.

I would like some more granularity for some things.
For example, I'd love to have different levels of restricted Discounts - some Discounts that Cashiers cannot do but Managers can do, but also some discounts that only the Owner & Authorized Users can do.

I would like every employee to be able to see current Item Inventory Count, but only Owner & Authorized Users to be able to edit Items.

For online orders, I keep a separate iPad that's not locked out - so we can easily see when an order comes in - but I would love to have a way to for the employee who's filling the order to use their code so the order is tied to the employee.

Those are the big things for now - but I'd love to talk through more and see what else we can do to make this even better!

Thanks

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 4
Alumni

Thanks for leaving this feedback @pessosices. On point as usual!

Also I know @RHatch has had some feedback about employee management. Feel free to share that now if you want 🙂

Message 3 of 4

I'd like to make a feature request. Please separate the Item permissions. Currently, it's all or nothing. This is too much access to give to staff. These permissions need to be managed at a more granular level. I'd like my employees to be able to view and edit inventory for an item. But, I don't want them to have the ability to create, modify, or delete items.

Message 4 of 4