x

Shipping to US, any custom duties?

Hi, I just started my clothing line. I'm wondering if I can ship to US, I'm Canada based. If so, how would I know if the customer will need to pay custom duties. I have a Canada Post account linked to Shippo to Square. Will the rate that appears be the total shipping cost(same as local) a US customer pay or will there be an additional fee(customs) on their post office before it gets delivered? My clothing price is less than $100. Any help will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @yugenst - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘

I'm going to consult with the Square Online Store support team on this one to get the best answer for you. I'll reach back out to you here once I gather more info!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there again, @yugenst - Thanks for your patience here ๐Ÿ™ I received a response from the Square Online Team, and here's what they let me know:

"Yes, the Seller can ship to the US from Canada. Here is a link to Canada Post's Customs Requirements. If they have additional questions about customs requirements, we suggest they reach out to Canada Post directly.

The Seller is welcome to read through that article before determining how they want to set up shipping. If the Seller is not currently on a paid plan, they would only be able to use flat shipping rates. If they upgrade, then they could use real-time shipping rates. Here is the difference between flat and RTS rates:

Flat rate: Set a single price for shipping, and charge either per order or per item. This is a good choice if you want to keep things simple and know that your shipping costs donโ€™t vary much.

Real-time shipping: Real-time shipping (RTS) offers the most accurate shipping rates and helps avoid under or overcharging for shipping in North America. While checking out from your Square Online site, carriers will provide dynamic rate estimates based on distance, weight, and the number of boxes needed to ship your items.

Here are a couple of Support Articles that go through how to set different shipping rates in more detail:
https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6910-set-up-shipping-areas-and-rates-with-square-online-stor...
https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6914-set-up-real-time-shipping-with-square-online-store"

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3