x

Shipping

Has anyone found any ways to lower shipping costs? I'm integrated with USPS with my online store. I use Shippo to produce shipping labels. I get all free packaging from USPS which is attractive to me, but could I be saving money by utilizing someone else? 

For example, I was shipping to a city literally 15 miles away from me for a single shirt and it costs $7.50. Does that sound right? I just had a guy send me some Funko Pops! that are much heavier and larger from Colorado and it only cost $4 because he said it was "media." That wasn't true, obviously, but is that a loophole that won't get you in any hot water? Or is that not a good business practice? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Hi TDCO,

You may want to read the USPS guidelines for Media Mail Service.   The requirements are straight forward. 

JK

Message 2 of 4

Yes they are. And yet, countless people categorize their packages as media and pay a fraction of what it would cost otherwise. I'm not likely going to do it as I'm trying to run a reputable business and that type of strategy is shortsighted move. But, I'm also intrigued and seeking clarification. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Since you are getting boxes from USPS for shipping etc.... you may want to look into Regional Rate boxes too.  USPS has Regional Rate A and B boxes plus Flat rate boxes.  For us when we ship with in certain areas it is cheaper to use the Regional boxes... over a certain area from us it switches to being cheaper by USPS Flat rate boxes.  We use Click-N-Ship Business pro and your rate sounds about right.  I am trying to see if using Shippo,  Pirateship, Shipstation or other similar sources would be cheaper.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4