x

Some NFC mobile payments not accepted

Hello- I never used to have any problems with this, but last month I had a couple payments made with mobile not go through and the person had to use their real card. I use the reader once a month, and this week it happened about 5-10 times out of about 60 sales. It was a bit of an incovenience at best, but a bigger problem when people didn't have their real card with them.   I didn't ask what banks people were with, though I noticed one was Santander. As more and more people are using phones I can see this becoming an issue.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @DaveVV thanks for flagging this. 

When this happened was the transaction declined or did something else happen? 

I would suggest reaching out to our support team about this directly when you can so that they can take a look at the list of transactions if they were declined. We don't have access to those details here on the Community, unfortunately. 

If you didn't see a decline message, let me know and we can run through some other potential causes here. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the reply. I think it was the  "Insert or Try Another Card. Unable to process contactless payment" message. I can't be sure though, as it sent me into a slight panic every time ๐Ÿ˜€   When they used their real card, it worked fine, so it wasn't a contactless problem where they had to insert card after however many contactless payments. It was definitely only when they used the phone.

Message 3 of 3