x

Square Appointments Fees

Hello,
I would like to complain about the new pricing system for Square Appointments as it's not fair for small businesses with one location or mobile location.
First, Square has high rate charges for the processing fees on cards payments.
Also, we use square capital for business loans which have a bad system of non-fixed monthly amount on the loan which aid to the lack of cash flow sometimes as they take a share of every payment that comes to the account.
Now, we started that silly pricing for Square appointments.
The question here are we working hard to pay every penny to square??!!!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Square does have what seems like higher fees, and for some people may end up being higher in fees sure. However did you know that some cards, like some AMEX actually charge the merchant 4% to accept that card? Mastercard and Visa are both discussing options in raising fees for merchants again. The flat 2.6% plus .10 per transaction with Square (for swiped, dipped, tapped payments) is actually a pretty good deal at the end of the day. Plus you don't have to pay compliance fees, or batch fees, or terminal fees like other companies charge. Not to forget they also offer a free POS app you pay nothing to use....

If you accepted a business loan thru Square then you agreed to the terms which are very clear (at least IMO) about how repayment is handled. If you don't like the terms you aren't obligated to use their capital program. You could also check with your local banks for funding. 

While I don't use Square appointments, and will be the first to admit I don't know about their pricing, I do know there are other options out there (I've used them) that you could look into. 

So to answer your question, no you aren't working hard to pay every penny to Square. You should be weighing your options before deciding and choosing the one that best suits your needs and your desired budget.

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 2 of 2