x
Super Seller

Square Automatic Updates

Anyone know how to have Square for Retail update after business or say at 2am?

Yesterday 4-1-2023 at about 5:30 pm our Square for Retail app shut down and installed an update.  This was during a Transaction.  The Transaction went through but we could not print a Receipt until after Square started again.   When Square did come up we lost out Printer Profile for that checkout and could not print out the receipt.   I had to recreate the Printer Profile and add the IP address again.    

So why can we not set an update time for these software updates?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@Candlestore Before I get into an answer of sort, are you using ipad, iOS, register, Android?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@Donnie-M ;

We use the Ipad in a Square Stand Ver 1 with Square for Retail.   We are more android users except for the Ipads in the Square stands.

Thanks

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Candlestore that is pretty annoying! I do understand those updates can cause disruption. From my understanding when the update is pushed to the app, it will allow you to update on your own but if it hasn't been done I have heard sellers say after a time it will automatically do it for you. I think giving the sellers the ability to customize the time of update is a great idea. I am not sure if this is something our Product Team would prioritize but you can certainly submit it to our Ideate Board. I am sorry this happened! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 4 of 4