x

Square Card: Is there a limit to the amount I can have in my balance?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Card Active... Is there a limit to the amount left on my Square balance

Square Card Active... Is there a limit to the amount left on my Square balance. Will my available funds continue to grow in Square or is there a limit where funds have to be transferred?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @19rbln72! There is no limit to the amount you can have in your Square Card balance.

Keep in mind there are certain spending limits for Square Card. Currently, you can spend $10,000 per transaction, $25,000 per day, $50,000 per week, and $150,000 per month — but it's completely up to you if you want to keep that amount in your balance! 

PS: We are actively working to address FDIC coverage!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

from what I've read there is not a limit, but personally, I would not let it get above say 5 or 10k as it is not an FDIC insured account so in a disaster scenario (which I don't foresee) the government can not back the account balance with insurance.

Message 2 of 7

That's what I'm thinking... Without FDIC wouldn't want to leave a whole lot in/on/with Square... Just wondered if there was a limit to account growth/accrual.

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @19rbln72! There is no limit to the amount you can have in your Square Card balance.

Keep in mind there are certain spending limits for Square Card. Currently, you can spend $10,000 per transaction, $25,000 per day, $50,000 per week, and $150,000 per month — but it's completely up to you if you want to keep that amount in your balance! 

PS: We are actively working to address FDIC coverage!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7

Why my funds are not deposit to my account it's been over a month

Message 5 of 7

Is there a phone number to call square and talk to someone directly I have searched and cannot find one

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Peterking01,

You can contact our Support Team here. If you're logged in and click > More > I Don't See My Issue, it'll show our phone number and your required customer code from there. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7