x

Square Register in Australia

Is the Square Register going to be available in Australia? When?

What will the rates be?

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@SteveIceCream @jeff_black @vegetableroot Square Register is available now 🥳

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Hey @SteveIceCream,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community!

Having only recently launched, at the moment Square Register is available exclusively in the USA. As with all our hardware though, releasing in other territories is certainly something we'll consider in the future - though we don't have an ETA on when this may be at the moment.

If you're looking for a complete POS solution, we recently released Square Stand in Australia, which is available either on its own or as part of a POS kit.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 15
Beta Member

Any update on this? Is the Square Register coming to Australia soon?

Message 3 of 15
Admin

Hey @jeff_black,

Releasing Australia is still on the agenda for Square in the long term.

While I don't have any info to share at the moment, hopefully we'll have more to announce here in 2021!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

I hear Beta units are arriving in Australia Feb 2021? Can we get on the Beta program?

Message 5 of 15
Admin

Hey @jeff_black,

Thanks for reaching out. While I don't have any updates about when Square Register may launch in Australia, if you're interested in joining out beta program you can find more info on applying here 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 15
Beta Member

Any update on this? I am opening up soon and need a solution with a customer facing screen!

Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

We are getting closer. But no ETA yet

Message 8 of 15
Admin

@vegetableroot I'll update this thread once we have more news to share, otherwise the best way to stay up to date is to subscribe to our Product Updates board 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 9 of 15
Admin

Best Answer

@SteveIceCream @jeff_black @vegetableroot Square Register is available now 🥳

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

Awesome. Great stuff

Message 11 of 15
Beta Member

I've placed my order! Thanks again

Message 12 of 15
Admin

That's great to hear @jeff_black, glad to have helped!

Please let us know what you think of it!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 13 of 15

Great.. i bought this online for my junior AFL footy club... looks flash.. and have seen others on Square..

to date, i wish i had gone for the opposition KOUNTA.. Square in full so far seems way too complex for small operators.. way too much info, security, verfications, things that you really cant see how it all links together, let alone.. a DVD, CD, USB, link, site whatever!! just to have some support to set this thing up! Im relatively tech savvy but this is not a great experience so far, and at $2099 for register, i think KOUNTA with LOCAL support and induction would have been better for us..

now im happy to take advice and need help and as you can tell, im pretty frustrated right now and not a fan! 

how do you actually get some help and service to set this up! or like FB and Google ect.. cant call, cant email, just view the help points.. HELP!!

Message 14 of 15
Admin

Hey @Stonecats,

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time here!

Note that when you sign up for a Square account, you're signing up for a card payment processing facility as well as a Point of Sale system, which is why the requirements are different to Kounta.

The finance regulations that apply to using Square as a merchant payment processing facility don't actually apply to using Kounta as a Point of Sale. If you wanted to just use Square as a Point of Sale system without the ability to process card payments, you won't need to provide any additional personal information - simply create an account with an email address and password, exit out of the application process, sign into the POS app and away you go!

If you are looking to use square to take payments though, the application process is going to be more similar to signing up for a merchant processing facility with a bank - only we don't require you to come into a physical branch, it's all done online. While this doesn't change the process, hopefully it provides some more context!

One thing you may be pleased to hear is that Square actually does have local support based in Melbourne! You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Hope this helps - it sounds like it might be a good idea to get in touch and speak to a support agent to help work through any issues with the sign up process. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 15 of 15