x

Square Terminal: Do you have to print a receipt or can it sent a digital receipt?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square terminal

Do you have to use the paper to print receipt in order for the terminal to work? If you don't use a paper receipt, will it send an electronic receipt through regular email or text just like the swipe readers do? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Yes you can always send the customer their receipt by text or email. 

Paper is an option if you have the printer. 

Message 2 of 6

I thought it automatically comes equipped with printing, seems like there's a back door on the back of it that opens up to put a roll in. I have no intention of printing receipts. Are you saying that printer option is optional and you can order it without the printing setup within the terminal? So you can order  different version of the terminal? thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

The Square Terminal does have a built in Printer - but you do not have to use it - you can enable or disable it through the settings.  And of course if you do not put paper in it, it will not print.

Either way, you can send digital receipts via email or text.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 6

The square terminal does have a built in printer. It automatically print me the merchant copy and asks if you want to print a customer  copy. I haven’t found a way to turn off the merchant copy. 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

There's not a direct way to prevent a merchant copy receipt from printing @Fernandoser. It will automatically print when tipping is enabled. This is a common feature request that we hear, though.

As somewhat of a workaround, you can elect to have your customers tip on the screen. Having your customers tip on screen will only print one receipt.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 6