x

Square card declining

Is anyone else having an issue using their Square card? Mine has worked fine and then today, declined. I didn’t think much of it, just assumed it was something on the merchant’s end. However, I just received an email from Square that the purchase was declined due to insufficient funds. The purchase was for 500 and I’ve got a balance in my Square account that far exceeds that so this is concerning. Everything looks fine on my dashboard so I’m puzzled and a bit concerned! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Mine did the same thing yesterday haven’t tried it today. I tried to purchase Pizza Hut for 41.10 and have far more then that in account. 

Message 2 of 7
Admin

@sellinhorses @Kimmiekay - Sounds like you both have enough money on your Square Cards to where they shouldn't have declined. When you both have a chance, can you contact our CS team? They'll be able to check this out for you.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 7

Thank you! I emailed cs per your suggestion. I’m hoping it was just a system glitch but wanted to make sure! I travel a lot and always have a backup in case of any card declining but always better to double check! 

Message 4 of 7

I am also having this problem! I am trying to order supplies and the total is only $24.40 - I have tried on two different merchants sites, I have plenty of funds to cover the purchase, and it just keeps declining and saying "Transaction declined by card issuer. Please reach out to your bank/card issuer to resolve." This is such an inconvenience, and of course NO one is available for customer support being the weekend.  

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @AhleaBrooke - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. So sorry for the trouble! This is strange, indeed.

We would recommend flagging this over to our Support Team now that weekly open hours have arrived. They can take a deep dive into your transaction and see where the discrepancy may be.

We will keep an eye out for your contact!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

hey! whatever ended up happening for you on this? I’m having this exact issue and it won’t even allow me to call in for support. I sent an email but am in a complete panic because I have basically all my money tied up in this account. 

Message 7 of 7